“Fairmont Mission Inn Sonoma”

Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
GreenLeadersGold level
Woodbury
“Fairmont Mission Inn Sonoma”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Beautiful resort and very nice rooms with great beds for sleeping. They have an excellent art collection. The parking lot was quite a ways from our room but that also makes it quiet. The food at Sante is Fantastic and Big 3 restauranthas great breakfasts.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear William M., Thank you for your post. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
San Clemente, California
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We recently stayed at the Sonoma Mission Inn in a King Jr. Suite. It was beautifully furnished with a salmon colored linen couch, fireplace, comfortable bed and a huge spotlessly clean bathroom. It was on the ground floor and featured a slightly elevated patio overlooking the paths winding through the grounds.
The only thing missing to us was a way to connect our iPhones for music. They had a Bose clock-radio. Kind of old fashioned. A docking station would have been much better. A minor point, though.
The pool area was the best part and very comfortable for us and our two kids. The pool bar had snacks, attentive staff and a water station with different fresh fruits flavoring the ice water which my daughter found very interesting.
The spa store had a nice selection of miscellany. I purchased a beautiful blouse that was unusual and well-priced. Their bathing suit selection was fairly limited, though, and could have featured more of a style selection. The spa pool are was very peaceful for adults.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Spring, TX
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for only one night (unfortunately) a few days ago. The location of this hotel is absolutely beautiful with the surrounding hills, large trees, and mature foliage and flowers. The way the grounds are laid out keeps it all quaint and privacy between the different sections of the hotel. The birds were chirping, the sun shining, and I wished I could have stayed to take advantage of the spa and various pools throughout the property, which are filled with cooled down natural mineral water from underground water sources.

My next Sonoma trip I'll have my husband with me, and we will definitely stay here for a few days.

Room Tip: The king deluxe room with a fireplace is definitely the way to go. My room also had a little balcon...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SHUM8
Dear SHUM8, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted you found an oasis at our resort where you can return with your husband. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We weren't planning on going to Sonoma on our CA trip but ended up spending a couple of nights there. We stayed at the Fairmont and got really good rates online the same day. You get some deals and free passes to various wineries in the area, which is a nice little perk. I'd stay there again in back in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

For a high end hotel this has to be one of the most relaxing, friendly and
satisfying resorts we have experienced...and I emphasize "friendly." Definitely plan lots of spa time - it doesn't get any better. (And you do pay for what you get - worth it!) And if you are real lucky, Doris will take your orders in 38North.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear FrynPan, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are thrilled you had such a relaxing visit. Thank you for your commendations of Doris as well; she is a wonderful service ambassador. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best regards, Guest Service Manager
Southworth, Wa
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Several years ago I had stopped for a drink at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa and had always wanted to stay there. This month my husband and I spent two nights there while enjoying the Sonoma wine country. We thought our room, on the second floor of the main building, was quite small for the price we were paying, and an annoying bathroom fan that could not be turned off kept us up part of the night. But the spa experience as outstanding. I booked a facial and was told to come an hour early for the "water ritual," I think it was called. This was wonderful -- you go from bubbling hot tub to cool shower to steam bath to sauna, with a few breaks for drinking ice water. Then it was on to my wonderful facial, during which I think I nearly fell asleep. The many pools, fed by the hot springs that run beneath the property, were also lovely.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear 60sgal, Thank you for your post. I am so sorry that your stay was impacted by a fan, but glad you were able to enjoy the spa so much. We hope to welcome you and your husband back again soon. Best regards, Guest Service Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2014

As the owner of a hotel management company, I can a be a tough critic of hotels and service experience received when I travel but the Fairmont did not disappoint. Every hotel associate I encountered in our 4 day stay was genuine, friendly, and responsive. The property is attractive and well maintained and the location is a short drive from the town of Sonoma.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear SynergySteve, Thank you for your “excellent” review. We are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay, especially as someone who knows hotels so well. I am particularly thrilled that you received our genuine, friendly service and we all hope to welcome you back again soon. Best regards, Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
#7 of 11 in Sonoma
Olea Hotel
Olea Hotel
#1 of 2 in Glen Ellen

Been to Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!