“Overcharged for being in a group”

Bartholomew Park Winery
Ranked #32 of 101 things to do in Sonoma
Jersey City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Overcharged for being in a group”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

Bartholomew Park Winery was one of 4 Sonoma wineries visited on a tour with Platypus Tours that I took with my husband early in September. While the pourers were gracious, I didn't care for the wine. I don't think many in our group actually purchased their wine. But we had a lovely picnic lunch on their grounds, provided by our tour. My problem with this winery is that they charged us double for tastings because we were in a group (or so they said). At the end of the tasting session, my husband and I were one of the last couples in the the room that stil had to pay for our tastings. The rest of our group had already left save for ourselves and another couple. We all questioned the $10 charge politely, (since it was hard not to notice that the sign behind the counter stated that tastings were $5), and the pourer told us that they charge $10 per person when it's a large group (!?) I suspect that they were just mad that no one liked their wine, but who knows. It didn't make me feel very welcome, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this winery to anyone.

174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,772 helpful votes
“HIstoric Winery with Great Wines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2008

This winery is situated just a short drive off of the Sonoma Square in a very pretty, shaded area of town. There are picnic tables set out overlooking the vineyards, the day we visited there was mustard blooming everywhere! Aside from the wine tasting, there is also a very interesting museum here which was fun to look through.

Our pourer was very friendly and we did a full tasting here, enjoyed everything was tasted a purchased a couple bottles of our favorite wines to take back home with us. Don't miss this place while in the Sonoma area, a little something for everyone here!

1 Thank syrahgirl