“Lovely non-corporate winery”

and up
6 Hour Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #34 of 107 things to do in Sonoma
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We chose Bart Park as their website looked inviting and we wanted to make the best of our one day in Sonoma. I tried to call to book the afternoon tour but each time I got an answer machine (I did eventually find an email address on their website, but it was hidden). I left a message with my email and Courtney got back to me and was very apologetic, told me that the tour was fully booked so offered us special treatment if we asked for her when we arrived.

The winery itself was about a 50-minute trek from Sonoma Plaza (I'd recommend a bike or taxi). Thankfully there wasn't too much of an incline. There is also a small museum about the winery's history, which is a real asset and also contained some information about wine growing. The grounds are stunning.

On arrival, we were greeted by an enthusiastic Nathan (and Courtney) and were treated to a 2-for-1 tasting. During the tasting, Nathan was enthusiastic and informative and offered a re-taste of our favourite at the end. In general, the reds were better than the whites. The Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon were the best (and the most expensive). Overall, I don't feel we missed out not having the tour. I'd certainly return.

1  Thank Stephen P
There are newer reviews for Bartholomew Park Winery

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

In a day's marathon tour of wineries in the area, this definitely stood out. Absolutely beautiful property, good wines, and pleasant hosts. A smaller winery with the spirit that some of the larger ones around there lack.

1  Thank loulounoire
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This winery has great hiking trails and picnic areas. The winery was quiet, nice museum and we enjoyed the wine tasting, purchasing a very nice Cabernet. It is very close to Sonoma, walking distance or biking

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came because it was recommended by none other than WSJ, and it is organic, tours on Friday and Saturday at 11 30. Ihis is lovely winery, and the wines were divine, but very pricey, the tasitng is open from 11 to 4 pm but after going to two or more, you best drive slowly.
not far from the down town center, look for cards that get you in two for one. nd

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a stop i did not expext much off. I had rented a bike so I could bike around to the small wineries. The alle up to the winery was so pretty and nice. I started with the Sav Blanc ( I was going mainly for reds ) but all of the wines was amazing! I ended up buying 2 sav blanc ( they were better then the ones in New Zealand ) The "monks" serving the wine was so good.

1  Thank Anne H