“A gem in wine country!”

Bartholomew Park Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
$340.00*
and up
6 Hour Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #35 of 110 things to do in Sonoma
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited Sonoma Valley on our way to Lake Tahoe, and my parents wanted us to meet them here for a relaxing afternoon and some wine tasting. What a great winery!! My parents explained to us that when my dad was stationed at Travis AFB (early 90's) they used to visit this winery at least twice a month, and since they retired in Colorado they contunue to visit here routinely. It is their favorite winery. We had a wine tasting and the wines were fantastic, the staff was extremely helpful and even reccommended other wineries in the area for different wines. This is a small winery, so they have a limited selection of wine, but all are great. The grounds are fabulous! We brought or teenage boys and they wandered and explored, even coming back with handfuls of blackberries from a blackberry bush they discovered. We sat in the shady grass, looking out at the vines and enjoyed wine, olives, cheese, and sausage all afternoon. The winery closes at 430, but we were able to enjoy the grounds until we wanted to leave, the gate opens to insiders when you want to leave. We will come again as there are great hiking trails on the grounds as well. We also picked up an order form, the winery ships their wine.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stopped by this winery twice in the last few months - once with my daughter and then again with my wife. Both times I was impressed with the friendly attitude of the staff, the beautiful grounds, and the small but informative museum attached to the winery. The winery has an interesting history - be sure to ask about it. And take time to look over the wall of photographs posted by the owner - they are great fun and illustrate their sense of humor. The drive to winery is beautiful also and you will enjoy taking pics of the historic estate next door if you have an interest in photography! Oh - and the wine is pretty good also!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This little winery was great. Beautiful gardens and excellent wine. The people were really friendly. They also have a museum there which is worth seeing.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Skip the big names with their big numbers of visitors and lack of character. Go for this beautiful and peaceful location with great staff and a free wine museum as a bonus.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a truly outstanding, tourist-friendly wine tasting at this winery. The proprietor, I believe his name was Bill, explained each of the wines in turn, and was very down to earth in his conversation. It was definitely on our level, which means that we enjoy good wine, but won't be confused with sommeliers any time soon. We ended up buying three bottles to take with and they waive the tasting fee with that purchase. I definitely recommend it for your normal wine drinker.