“Attitude!”

and up
Muir Woods, Wine Country and Sausalito Town & Ferry
Ranked #37 of 110 things to do in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Anaba Wines was founded in 2006 by proprietor John Sweazey when a decades long dream came to fruition. Early inspiration and trips to France in the 1970s helped shape the vision, varietals and vibe for the vineyards and tasting room. Anaba's name originates from cool, upward-flowing anabatic winds that soar and swirl through its sustainably-farmed Carneros Estate vineyards. Gifts of nature, these unique air currents make the vineyard more temperate, slow down the ripening process, and allow the grapes to develop more robust flavors and distinctive varietal characteristics. Anaba Wines became the first winery in Northern California to utilize wind power when it installed a 45-foot wind turbine to harness the anabatic winds. This wind turbine generates electricity for Anaba's tasting room, wine storage, office operations and irrigation pumps for the two estate vineyards. The Anaba tasting room is a charming, recently-renovated 100-year-old farmhouse that provides an intimate and unpretentious tasting experience in which to enjoy Anaba's award-winning wines. Anaba's limited edition, superior quality blends and single varietal wines include Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays, Rhone-style blends and an excellent selection of dessert wines.
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I went to Anaba last year on a Saturday and the place was dead. I told them I pass by everyday on my commute to work and was interested in tasting their wines. I showed my license which confirms that I am a local and live in the town of Sonoma. Everyother Sonoma winery extends this courtesy of not charging locals for takes. Not Anaba. I will NEVER recommend anyone to visit of buy their wine.
Bad business!

2  Thank Craig s

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Anaba is a good and convenient place to stop on the way to Sonoma or Napa from Marin. They have a great pinot noir at a reasonable price. The other wines are good but nothing spectacular yet. I think they are moving quickly toward making some great wines. Absolutely worth buying are their red and white ports. They are one of the only wineries I know that produce a white port. I really like it and it's a good bottle to bring to a dinner. A crowd pleaser. Wine tasting area is small but cute.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Nice little tasting room on Hwy 121 (Arnold Dr.) that is wind powered which is pretty cool. All the wines were classic Sonoma County and very approachable. I ended up buying a bottle of their port (called AeroPort, get it?)

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stopped by Anaba mostly because we got a twofer from the Sonoma Visitor's Center. This allowed us to taste through the entire menu - boy were we glad we did! From the whites to the desserts we enjoyed every tasting! If you like port you HAVE to try their white port...delicious! Thank you Anaba for an amazing experience.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We visited Anaba because it is a small, family run winery which we prefer. We had a great experience. The young woman working the tasting room was so warm and friendly, and she knows so much about wine and is happy to share it with you in a noncondescending manner. We were also fortunate to get to meet the owner which was a real treat. We enjoyed the wines and did purchase a couple of bottles. The hostess there also was kind enough to give us recommendations of other family wineries to visit.

Anaba is at the corner of a busy intersection, but don't let that deter you from your visit. Once you are inside, it is very lovely and peaceful.

Here is a tip - the tourist office has brochures from some of the local wineries. You can pick up a 2 for 1 tasting for Anaba with their brochure. I picked up their brochure at the tourist office in Cornerstone Gardens which is just down the road.

1  Thank JGator_11