I read some very mixed reviews on this property and after staying there chose the "average" rating due to a few things. Being that we were able to get a $219 rate, it was winter, and it was New Years Weekend, I opted to stay in the cottages rather than the "regular" rooms figuring we'd probably be spending some significant time in our room. I was glad I did since it really rained that weekend and we did spend time in the room. The fireplace was nice but the "on/off" switch kind of kills the real feeling of a fire! The Sonoma Mission Inn gives you real firewood which is a real plus with the crackling fire, smoked wood smell, etc. Oh well, at least we had a fireplace at all!
We had a few issues while staying here (no soap in the bathroom upon check in, toilet almost overflowed, fireplace stopped working and then was re-ignited). All were fixed but it got a little old calling the front desk--we started to feel like we were "high maintenance" and we were just trying to make things right! It does appear that some of the cottages may be more updated than others in terms of the bathroom. Ours was very small and closed in--didn't have shutters looking into the bedroom as others mentioned in their reviews.
Overall, though, our stay was great, the staff was very friendly and responsive and the cottages were cozy--smaller than I expected but a good weekend winter getaway nonetheless. We did go to the spa and I had a massage. Very nice! Ask for a woman named "Tizza." She's very good.
I would definitely stay here again if the rate was reasonable (around what I paid or less).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy vibrant charm in a tranquil setting at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, our impeccable Wine Country resort in Sonoma, California sits less than an hour north of San Francisco and is centrally located among the country's finest wineries in Sonoma and Napa. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance