I used my Marriott points recently to book two nights at The Lodge - Rennaisance Resort in Sonoma, CA, and made reservations two months in advance. There are suppose to be benefits, including upgrades if available, from being a Rewards Club member but I found none at this establishment. All of their Inn rooms, with the exception of the cottage type rooms behind the main building, are standard but very attractive rooms, in which case the benefit of having a nicer room is strictly "location." I was given a room facing the front of the Inn looking at the home improvement center across Broadway Street, which is the main thoroughfare leading into downtown Sonoma. Additionally, this room was adjacent to the second floor conference center and directly across from the public bathrooms.
My reservation was mid-week and I was an early afternoon arrival, at a time when many rooms were available. I immediately asked to be placed into a different room, preferably one overlooking the pool and center courtyard. Although many were currently vacant, the guest relations manager refused to move me, stating a big group was coming in and they had pre-assigned many of the rooms. I then asked to be placed in a more quiet spot and guest relations again refused my request. A short time later there must have been a shift change because another guest relations manager called to ask about the accommodations. I, once again made another request for either a Rewards Member upgrade or another room in a different location. This guest relations person simply ignored my request at which time I asked to speak with the Hotel manager. She said he would call me but I never heard from anyone again. I feel that some accommodation could have been made as rooms were available.
The entire experience made me feel that I was actually being discriminated against because I was a Rewards Club member and not a cash paying guest. I opted not to stay an additional night at the location and made a reservation at a 5-Star resort in Napa. Upon check-in to that location, a number of rooms were apparently available and they immediately upgraded me to their "Superior" room without my having to say a word. Wow! What a difference in customer relations...and I was not even a member of any rewards plan with this new resort.
Marriott is just too big a corporation that apparently feels they do not need to show any loyalty to their Rewards Club members...too bad!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in an exquisite Sonoma Hotel offering vibrant charm in a tranquil setting. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa is less than an hour north of San Francisco and centrally located among the country's finest wineries. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our Sonoma resort's accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our Sonoma resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. The Lodge at Sonoma is also the perfect destination for corporate meetings, social events and Sonoma Wine Country weddings and wedding receptions offering 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, both indoors and out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance