“Impressing out of town visitors”

HopMonk Tavern - Sonoma
Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Sonoma
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Andrieux Street
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My sister and I brought my cousin here. She was visiting from out of town and looking for good food. None of us had been here before, but we decided to chance it and five it a shot. Our waitress was a little moody, but it might have been because of the amount of people that were already seated when we got there. The place was packed! We ordered our beer and some appetizers, which were out of this world. The main courses were huge portions and ended up taking most of dinner home. The outdoor seating was wonderful and we really enjoyed when one of the waiters brought out a patio heater near our table. Needless to say, the cousin was very impressed, and so were we.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had dinner with friends here while in Sonoma for a wedding. Nice outdoor seating, good food, would definitely return. I had their Roasted Beet Salad with grilled shrimp, yummy. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food. Service was a little lacking, asked 3 times for a bottle of sparkling water that never materialized but it wasn't added on the check so that was fine.

Nice atmosphere with music, good food and easy to get to location.

1  Thank suspaul
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Needed to enjoy a brew and fill in on a year without seeing each other., The Hopmonk offered a great brew, good food and all the time we wanted to catch up and plan our annual meeting in 2015. Our server was super, never rushing, always attentive and provided suggestions to the ladies that were very good. Outdoor dining and visiting one a beautiful night can not be beat. Highly recommend the Hopmonk for family, small groups and a nice evening of catching up on the past weeks, months, or year.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had one of their beers and it was the best local beer I had while I was there. I had the fish and chips and theory were pretty good. My wife had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and it was probably the best sandwich either one of us had ever eaten. I know that sounds stupid talking about a sandwich but it really was great.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hotel recommended Hopmonk...only negative feedback I would have provided to the hotel. This is a craft beer place and the food is average at best. Go for a burger and a beer - otherwise, this place is forgettable. So many better choices just blocks away on Sonoma Square.