“Excellent day, great wines, personal experience”
Review of Sonoma Wine Tours

Sonoma Wine Tours
Ranked #11 of 43 Tours in Sonoma
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited the Sonoma wine region in June 2013 as part of a month long trip through Canada and the U.S

I was looking for a small group tour as I enjoy the opportunity to engage with cellar door staff and my fellow wine travellers on a personal level.

Sonoma wine tours was the perfect choice for my needs. You basically hire Soussan for the day for your group. I was travelling solo and was going to do the tour on my own but I was lucky to join with a lovely couple from Maryland.

Soussan from Sonoma wines took care of everything with great aplomb. Given the Sonoma region covers more than a 50 km radius and has more than 370 wineries, I was grateful to have Soussan's expertise in selecting a suite of wineries to introduce me to some of the wines of this region.

I was very happy with the choice of wineries which included the well known vintners as well as some small boutique and family cellars which gave me a sense of the character and quality of the wines in this region. The region has a strong repuation for cool climate pinot noir and chardonnay though I also enjoyed some unique dry rieslings and well structured cabernet sauvignons.

We recieved a warm welcome everywhere we went and often got to taste special vintages or other varietals not on the standard tasting menu.

I recommend Sonama wines if you are looking for a well informed introduction to the wines of Sonoma and a chance to share the passion that the people of this region have for developing unique, beautifully structures delicious wine. I will definitely be back to explore some more. Sooner rather than later I hope.

P.S Given my main point of reference for wine appreciation is Australian and New Zealand wine, it was very helpful that Sousaan has lived in Australia and New Zealand and has a deep knowledge of Oz and NZ wines.

There are newer reviews for Sonoma Wine Tours

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband, sister and I spent the day with Sousson visiting various wineries around Sonoma. It was a most enjoyable, fun and relaxing day because Sousson is a energetic, expressive and lively person. She is knowledgeable about everything wine and Sonoma as other reviews have stated. As she takes you to undiscovered places, she tells you many things about the region. She has a wonderful sense of humor which left all of us laughing during most of our trip. She points out great places to eat and drink along the way, as well as the history of many establishments that have come and gone. She is a delightful interactive host and you will leave the tour feeling happy and pretty informed about the beautiful Sonoma Valley!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a tour with Soussan and had a wonderful day. Soussan treated us like family and took us to lesser known tastings rooms and wineries and we were able to discover wines that we truly enjoyed. We also got to go to one of our favorite tastings, La Crema. She is very knowledgeable about wine and the history of the area and we learned a lot from her. Next time we go we will definately book a tour with Soussan.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Booking a tour with Soussan was the best thing we could have done. She knows local wineries and the owners/tasters/general managers. We were greeted at each winery and offered private tastings and in some cases amazing side by side tastings. Sousann took us to a fabulous Italian winery with an accordion player and opera singers for lunch and wine tasting and introduced us to Victorio the owner. I would not ever think of going back to California wine country without
first calling Soussan. The only thing I would do differently next time is to call Soussan for hotel recommendations as well. After giving us an excellent day of tasting (she even picked us up and drove us around all day), she then recommended a fantastic local restaurant. Soussan absolutely made our trip memorable.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Recently, I was able to travel to Sonoma with my mother and a friend to enjoy Soussan's guided wine tour. We had a delightful, no-hassle day. Soussan's expertise and knowledge about the growing of grapes to the making of wines to the pairing of wines with food are impeccable. She knows the area well and gives insight into the local culture that adds to the personal touch of the tour. Throughout the day, she insured that we were comfortable and that our expectations of the tour were being met. It was clear that Soussan would tailor the tour to satisfy our preferences. Ultimately, anyone can show you around the area or you can map out your own tour, but if you want to learn about excellent wine and fine food and leave the hassle of finding it to someone else, Sonoma Wine Tours is an outstanding way to do it!