“Excellent.”

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #74 of 125 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 2, 2013

All the dishes are prepared from fresh and mostly organic ingredients...so the food takes several minutes longer to get. But the wait is worth every extra minute. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Sonoma.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great little family run cafe...reasonable prices (not outstanding, but reasonable) for a wide variety of entrees. The chicken entrees were great, as were the pork...loved the chips...homemade! I had the conchita pibil and have nothing previous to go on...it was great and served in a beautiful setting. Excellent staff and pleasant waitress...would go again!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Staff is nice and the service is attentive. The chips tasted like wheat but the salsa was sharp and a little bitter, as in the Yucatan, so I was thinking this would be great. The cochinita pibil has an interesting flavor but it's not the famous dish I've had countless times in Mexico. The panuchos were small and bland. The rice and beans needed salt and salsa.
No reason to go back, sadly.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm from San Jose and I'm picky about my Mexican food. The salsas at Rancho Viejo are fantastic. The salsa verde that came with the free chips was one of the best I've ever had anywhere. And the service was very friendly. It's a small place, but I really enjoyed my dinner.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I were recently in Sonoma and went to this restaurant on the advice of some locals. First of all, unfortunately the parking was hard to find and get to. We almost did not go because of this. There were not to many people there so it was pretty quiet. The chips are homemade, but I thought they were tough to eat. I didn't like the green salsa as it was to bland but hot but my husband did. I got a chicken dish of sauteed chicken with fajita style vegetbales on a gordita tortilla. It was excellant but very hot for me. My husband had chicken enchiladas and they were bland and not very good. I had a margarita and it was ok but expensive. I am not used to how expensive everything is out here. What we had to pay for the two of us was what we would pay for my family of 4 at home so that is hard. Not sure we got the value for what we paid.

1  Thank KC2833