“Professionals!”

$144.00*
and up
Full-Day Sonoma Valley Bike and Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Pedal along Sonoma's scenic country roads and visit boutique wineries by bike! We'll steer you to unique tasting rooms that you might otherwise miss.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Pre-booked bikes. Everything was ready for us when we arrived, the bikes had even been tagged with our names! Kyah gave a lot of good advices where to bike to (or not bike to!) Very friendly and helpfull. When experiencing a pucture they were there within 15 minutes with a new bike! Would definetily recommend this company for any bike rental in Sonoma/Napa!

1  Thank Rune T

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sonoma Valley Bike Tours was a fabulous place to rent bikes. The bikes themselves are very high quality (they sell them at the end of each season and start the new season with all new bikes) although I found the seat uncomfortable (my companion had no problem with the seat). Equally important, the ride they sent us on was completely stunning, perfect for the time we had and our ability level. Finally, the woman who helped us went out of her way to meet our needs. In fact, she gets extra karma points for being a very kind, as well as competent, human being.

1  Thank Graceful2x2
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I can't say enough about how grand this experience was, not only with the winery establishments we visited but with the bike rental establishment as well. We were very unplanned and the young lady who helped us had great information coupled with a friendly helpful attitude. It is a bike tour, and you will need to be able to operate a bicycle, which may be strenuous for some but nothing an average person will have trouble with.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I booked this tour with friends on our recent visit to Sonoma thinking we'd have a leisurely ride through the vineyards. Not so! It started out that way as we rode through a residential area. As we neared some vineyards I thought we'd soon be at our first winery. However, we passed a number of vineyards and arrived at a major highway (212 I think). There was a bike lane, but trucks and cars whizzed by us at breakneck speeds as we labored uphill for a number of miles before reaching our first winery. After a quick tasting, back down the major highway! Two miles before we reached the second winery, I opted to take the van as it was another uphill trek and at mid day, the temperature was around 90. Everyone had to wait for the van to arrive. The third winery was closer, but when the vintner was told where we had come from, he was surprised our tour guide had taken us on that route.
The wineries we visited were great, the lunch prepared for us was good, but the bike ride was definitely not for someone thinking this would be a pleasant ride by the vineyards. Experienced bikers would not find this difficult, but for someone who just rides in the neighborhood or along the bike trails at the beach, this tour would be difficult.

1  Thank Kathy S
BikeNapaSonoma, Guest Relations Manager at Sonoma Valley Bike Tours & Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hi, Kathy,
I'm sorry we missed the mark and failed to meet your expectation. On the day you joined us, we visited Nicholson Ranch Winery. The route includes a 2-mile section along Napa Road. Although Napa Road is not a highway, it is a busier thoroughfare; this road does have a 6-8 foot wide bike lane, as you mentioned. About 1 mile of the journey to Nicholson Ranch is uphill along a moderate grade. Your Tour Guide should have discussed these aspects of the route before the start of the tour and offered the support van as an option for anyone who wanted to shuttle through this short section of the ride. I suspect if you had known the van was available and opted to shuttle through this section earlier in the day, you would have been in a better position to enjoy the rest of the ride. We are using your experience as a training example and a useful reminder to our Tour Guides to give tour guests all pertinent information about the route at the start of the day. I want to invite you to reach out to me directly the next time you will be in the Sonoma area. I would appreciate the chance to make this up to you.

Jay Torre, Manager
jay@sonomavalleybiketours.com

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did a self-guided tour. The staff at this place was fantastic, especially the pick up service!! Everyone was friendly and helpful. The lunch was also excellent, and on time. They helped us set up appointments at wineries and gave great tips. Would definitely use this rental company again!

1  Thank JuneGirl1984