“Fantastic Service - Ask for Peter!”
Review of Beau Wine Tours

Beau Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 Transportation in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 20 years, Beau Wine Tours has provided custom Sonoma wine tours and luxury transportation throughout Northern California. Whether you are visiting Sonoma's wine country or the San Francisco Bay Area, Beau’s experienced Sonoma wine tour staff will help you plan the ultimate getaway. From novice to an experienced connoisseur, Beau Wine Tours can custom design a Sonoma Valley wine tours to meet your needs. The dedicated staff has developed extensive relationships with both the small family sonoma wineries, as well as the larger well-known wine estates; allowing Beau Wine Tours access and privileges for their clients which are not generally afforded to the public. Let Beau’s professional Sonoma tour guides show you the best-kept secrets of Sonoma County!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've used Beau Wine Tours on two separate occasions and would recommend it to anyone planning a wine tour or needing special transportation. My first experience was for a bachelorette party I was planning, and it was everyone's first trip to the Sonoma area. Peter, our driver, called me about a week before our arrival to discuss the details of our day. We had a list of wineries we wanted to visit, but had no idea where they were and what would make the most sense. Peter said that all sounded great and he'd put together a plan for us the day of. He called me again the day prior to our reservation to confirm where we'd like to visit, pickup times and options for us to extend our day if we wanted. The day was perfect. Peter greeted us with chilled champagne and had all the wineries planned out logistically so we could maximize our time. We had no idea where to grab lunch, so he suggested stopping at the Sonoma Market to pick up some sandwiches and/or salads. He then suggested we take eat at one of the wineries, and already had one in mind. He took us to Jacuzzi, and while we were inside tasting, he set up our lunch. It was not at all what we expected as he brought a white linen table cloth and napkins, china, silver, and glassware. We were blown away. The rest of the day was a hoot, and Peter made some great suggestions after we'd gone to all the places that were on our list. Once our time was up, we decided we wanted to extend our ride for another two hours. At this point, we were done tasting wine, but more being obnoxious bunch of girls, singing to terrible music, and drinking. We ran out of wine, and stupidly asked Peter to stop at a liquor store. Duh...we're in wine country. He stopped at a winery, brought us a menu to pick what we wanted, and went up and got it for us. That's service! We had an absolute lovely time with Peter; the trip was worth every penny!

Seeing as though I had such a great experience with Peter the first time, I used him again for my own wedding. We reserved a limo bus for my destination wedding to transport our 11 guests and ourselves to the ceremony, reception, and back to our rental. Peter once again was fabulous and extremely courteous. He called the day prior to confirm our destinations and if there were any special requests. He will be my go-to guy when ever we rent a limo in wine country again. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

From the moment we were picked up from our cottage in the black limo, the day was thoroughly enjoyable. Visited some fantastic wineries and had a lovely lunch provided as well. We had such a blast with our group that we all ended up going out for dinner that night as well.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked a small group tour over 2.5 months in advance. Two weeks before the trip I called to hopefully visit with our driver and discuss potential wineries and our itinerary (like most reviews). Unfortuatly, our driver had not been assigned yet, so I waited a week and called again, to which the customer service representative told me that someone would be contacting me within the next day or two (a week out from our trip). I called yesterday (4 days out from trip) and was told that my driver would be calling me that afternoon. I just left a message for their reservations department this morning as I still have not heard back from my driver (3 days out).

1  Thank Gary G
Thomas B, Owner at Beau Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi Gary,

I sincerely apologize for the mishaps leading up to your tour date. Unfortunately you were the victim of two scheduling conflicts, and we should have caught them sooner. Your first tour guide was assigned two weeks out, and he developed a vascular problem in his leg, requiring surgery. He was taken off your tour right away, but It took another week before the tour was rescheduled to another tour guide who came down with Pneumonia and went into the hospital (about 5 days prior to your trip). When you called in during the week of your tour, the reservationist was not aware of the driver's illness, and reassured you of a phone call from him. By the time we caught the problem, your third tour guide (Tom P.) was able to reach you the day before. We instructed him to comp your Picnic Lunches and some sparkling wine for your group to enjoy during the ride.

This is not how Beau Wine Tours typically operates, and again I apologize. I can see from your position how frustrating our lack of response must have appeared. We always appreciate customer feedback, and I trust Tom took good care of your group the day of your tour.

Best regards,

Thomas Buck
President
Beau Wine Tours

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beau Wine Tours took great care of our party during our wine country tasting day in Sonoma and Napa County. Our driver, John K., was awesome, including by helping us with find places to stop and taste; the bus was clean, modern, and fully stocked; and the Wine Beau staff during booking was very professional. (This included working with us when we needed to change the date of our reservation at the last minute dur to an illness.)

Wine Beau is not the least expensive, but they are price competitive and well worth the price!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I accidentally came across Beau Wine Tours as I was researching Napa and Sonoma on the internet. My head was spinning from the overload of information. I called Beau Wine Tours and our reservation agent, Salli P., helped me sort out the info. We booked both a private and small group wine tours. She said our driver and guide would call us and learn our wine preferences and goals of our trip. Matthew Bridant, our guide called us twice in the week prior to our trip. Our private wine tour was lovely. Matthew made arrangements at smaller wineries that we would have never known about but their wines are outstanding. Matthew also gave us information that we could use on the rest of our trip. The small group tour comes up on Thursday. Matthew will be the driver so we can't wait to see what he has planned for us!