“Amazing Views and Atmosphere”
Review of Ravenswood Winery

Ravenswood Winery
Ranked #10 of 104 things to do in Sonoma
Raleigh
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Amazing Views and Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I did a book signing here for California Vines, Wines & Pioneers, because of their historical connection. It's the best outdoor setting I've ever done. The wine tasting staff is laid back, yet attentive. Wish we lived closer because I'd be there every weekend!

1 Thank SherryAuthor

Columbus, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Time, Wine and Learning!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Peter was a fantastic guide, we got background on the varietals, blending methods and theories and how smaller vineyards accommodate changes in growing and weather. I've liked Ravenswood wines for some time, but being able to sample and pick up some of the smaller batch lines was a great experience! Highly recommend this stop, I wish we'd had time to take one of their blending seminars! Tasting fee is waved with a bottle purchase.

1 Thank Pete S
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not wimpy”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Ravenswood was a great first stop of the day. No crowds. Friendly staff. And tasty wine. Our hostess allowed us to try a few extras too. The sparkling muscat was a favorite, and the port was awesome too. Sadly our friends couldn't join the wine club as there were shipping restrictions, but we'd join if we could! Worth a visit.

1 Thank Kelly N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No wimpy tasting rooms.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I walked up to the winery from Sonoma on this high 80 degree day. My goal was to secure a bottle of fruit bomb zin from the Bedrock vineyard to share with my brother during his visit in September. The day was looking good. On Brazil Street, I saw the grapes hanging low on the vines and the llamas lolling in the pasture. I recommend this walk. The tasting room had a good activity level for mid-afternoon on a Sunday. My inquiry about the 2011 Bedrock zin brought a pour without discussing the complicated economics of a tasting fee. Thank you. Tasty but I really needed an older version of what this old dirt can produce. Less oak. No time to taste, my cash dripping out of my pocket, I asked the nearest pourer for his recommendation. "Decant the 2011 zin or check the bins by the windows." No! Don't walk away. I need cajoling. Checking the wines for sale list, I decided on a 2007 Bedrock cab and was assured by another pourer that it was a good vintage. No tasting needed although it was offered. Done. Note to self, next time bring your A game complete with proper tasting vernacular because it is no wimpy tasting room. I like that.

1 Thank GenerallyAverage
Ventura County, USA
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“We stopped here on our Segway tour and did not feel there was a time limit or drink limit.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

After a few reds I asked about the Moscato that our tour operator suggested. It was heavenly. I drank two full glasses while the rest of my party continued with their tasting. They were so accommodating to each of our desires. I never had an intention of joining a wine club but I did here. Can' t wait for my deliveries.