We just got back from a week stay at Macarthur Place. This place is magical!! We got a great deal on a deluxe suite through the Macarthur Place website. It was spectacular! (Comfortable King bed, bar, fireplace, desk, rain-shower, walk-in closet). The place was so peaceful, and the gardens were still beautiful in the middle of winter. The pool and hot tub were warm and a great start or ending to every day. The place was very clean, staff exceptional, the wine and cheese tasting was a nice little appetizer before dinner.
The hotel is only a few blocks away from the Square at Sonoma (10 min walk). Trust me, this is the place to be, it is where all of the restaurants and shopping are. If you stay any further north (Fairmont) you are in the middle of the Sonoma ghetto. Macarthur Place is a fantastic location to visit wineries!
We had breakfast a couple of times at the hotel, it is what it is.. free!! Nice fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffin or bagel breakfast. Plenty of fine dining in Sonoma, a quick free breakfast is all you need.
As far as restaurants go LaSalette was amazing, as well as Girl and the Fig for lunch. Meritage was just ok, good happy hour, and sushi at Shiso was some of the best (sit at the bar and you might be lucky enough to have the owner make special dishes for you).
Ask the hosts at wineries for recommendations on other tours and wineries, we got several free reserve tastings.
Word to the wise... it's called "Slow-noma" for a reason. After the wineries close at 4:30 and most shopping closes at 5, all that is alive in the town are a couple of restaurants... open until maybe 10. Macarthur place is a great place to close out each night by the fireplace with a bottle of wine. It was truely a relaxing and restful vacation we were looking for after the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa