We just came back from 3 nights in Sonoma and have to say that Macarthur place is now my favorite hotel in the world a dI cannot wait to go back! I was skeptical when I booked n line, but that skepticism was completely unfounded. Prior to our arrival we contacted the concierge several times for recommendations on bike tours as well as drivers for a private wine tour. Their recommendations were excellent and they were very eager to help us select the right tours, restaurants and activities.
As for the rooms - we had a spa suite and our son was in a queen suite. His room was quite lovely and very well appointed, however, if you can, the spa suite is to die for! the room itself was fabulous, large, comfortable, well appointed and with a lovely bathroom. What made this exceptional, was a walking out your back door to find a beautiful...and very inviting teak tub on your patio as well as an outdoor shower and waterfall. Although I really did not have the time to luxuriate in the tub as long as I would have liked, I had to find time daily to fill it, toss in the provided soaking tea bag and just enjoy the entire experience. Absolutely lovely.
My son's room had a problem one day with hot water, which he reported to the front desk. When we came back in the afternoon, of course the water issue had been fixed, but he found a charming note with attached to a chocolate hammer, indicating that maintenance had been there. Just another lovely Macarthur touch.
On our departure day, we were going on a bike tour and would not be done until well after check out. The reception staff made sure to let us know that we were welcome to use the property all day and to please come back after our biking and use the spa facilities to shower up before we headed back to the airport. Their welcoming attitude post checkout was greatly appreciated.
Everything from the rooms, the grounds and most importantly, the staff made this a very enjoyable 3 day stay in Sonoma. I highly recommend this property and look forward to our return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa