Sonoma Hotel
$219
$299
$279
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$315
El Pueblo Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$179
$324
$279
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
Sonoma Creek Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$155
Cinnamon Bear Creekside Inn(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$219
$169
Ledson Hotel(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$395
The Cottage Inn & Spa(Sonoma)(Great Value!)
$255
All reviewsgirl and the figpastriesno elevatorclaw foot tubfree street parkingred and white winemodern amenitiesyour luggagecan't beat the locationfirst floorwalls are thinhotel is greatsmall hotelwithin walking distancemorning coffeeincluded breakfasthome base
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was: (A) on the main square, and (B) "historic." I also liked that it was next door to "The Girl and the Fig," an excellent Bistro-style restaurant. I was disappointed because the hotel didn't have an elevator. I booked a "Petite Suite" but the room was located on the third floor. We had to schlep our full suitcases one at a time all the way up and down. That by itself wasn't too bad (who couldn't use a little exercise?), but I was also disappointed that the hotel didn't have any designated parking. We did have a little bit of trouble finding parking close to the hotel during the day. I booked a "Petite Suite" because it was supposed to have two beds, but the room was TINY. The second bed was a pull-out couch, but when we pulled it out, the bed took up most of the space in the room. The other bed was VERY comfortable (with a beautiful bedspread). One more disappointing thing: the place smelled a little musty. The website described the hotel as "historic," and it was, but it just looked a little old and in need of repair in some places. The continental breakfast was nice (only pastries, coffee, and tea), and the staff were extremely friendly, but I will choose another hotel with more of the modern amenities next time I go to Sonoma. I didn't have a bad experience at the Sonoma Hotel, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

Room Tip: Be warned: most of the rooms are TINY
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We spent a lovely, relaxing weekend in Sonoma and would definitely stay at the Sonoma Hotel again.

Pluses:
+ charming decor
+ comfortable rooms and lobby
+ very reasonable prices
+ excellent location right on Sonoma Square
+ delicious, complimentary continental breakfast with assorted pastries, coffee and fresh juice
+ complimentary wine happy hour
+ the Girl & the Fig is located in the building. It has amazing food and a great bar.
+ friendly, accommodating staff and fellow patrons
+ lovely lobby excellent for rendezvous with our crew before dinner or after dinner to play cards or sip wine
+ our room had a small sofa and coffee table, which was really nice for getting together with friends to taste wine and play games.

Minuses:
- hot water on Saturday morning was hit-or-miss. My fellow travelers didn't experience it, but I took a less than perfect shower.
- lacks some modern amenities, like an ice machine (necessary for our white wine purchases)
- on the street parking, which was not a terrible problem for us, since we went out wine tasting during the day, but could be an issue if you want to stay in town and don't want to move your car every two hours.
- no elevator. Not an issue for us, but it was an issue for some older travelers who were staying there.

Like I said, it suited our needs very well and we'd definitely stay there again, but it may not be for everyone.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is on the ground floor. I would have thought it would be noisy, but our traveling companions insist it wasn't. That might be a good option if you don't want to climb the stairs, as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were glad to find a twin room at late notice in the local town square. The lady behind the desk was friendly and we were given wine on arrival! A quaint, slightly chintzy room, but we liked it. Street parking didn't bother us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Niclier
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After dinner at the restaurant (Girl and the Fig) we called a taxi. It was a bit chilly so we went inside to wait in the lobby. We were advised by the woman at the desk that we could not stand in the lobby but had to wait outside. I can't even imagine staying at a place with this attitude.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yoido
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Did not stay in the hotel but stopped and had dinner in the restuarant. The food food was really good, prepared correctly and the prices were reasonable (for Sonoma, CA). The service was good - not great, but no complaints at all. We sat out back on the outdoor patio and it was pleasant there. Safe bet if you are downtown in Sonoma.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business