“A spa you want to forget”
Review of Willow Stream Spa

Willow Stream Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Sonoma
Petaluma, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A spa you want to forget”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I arrived on time and I noticed immediately that the front desk did not have there act together. The asked for my information which was outdated. On entering the spa I noticed from the last time I was there 2 years prior that the facility has become rough around the edges. The lockers, showers, benches, fabrics looked worn. The massage was aromatherapy, but I could hardly smell anything. It was a hot day and there was no air conditioning in the massage rooms which created a sticky feeling all the way around. The massage was lack luster, no soul and actually left me with a back ache that caused me a couple of nights of sleeplessness. I had a 100 dollar gift certificate which I used to pay for two massages one for myself and one for my daughter. I even paid the 18 percent tip. Meanwhile later that day I checked my bank account and they charged me for two massages with the gift card and it cost me 698.98. WOW. I called the manager and again they needed to update my information that I had already updated with them on their computer system 4 day prior and they said that by tuesday the situation would be resolved. Alas tuesday has come and gone and guess what I have to call them back again. Spare yourself the grief and spent your money at a spa that cares.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank topaze m

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love the experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We have a room off to the side on the first floor that you would think would be loud and small- but it is completely quiet, beautifully appointed and has a wonderful bathroom. The concierge has been right on the money with all of the recommendations.

London, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A little "tired" but elegant”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The lobby is lovely in this hotel, the staff very helpful, but I did notice the smell of mold upon entering our room. One can see that this must have been a first class destination when built, the grounds are beautiful, rooms and beds comfortable, but it isn't a 4 star property any longer.

Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Historical Location”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great spa in the middle of the Sonoma Valley. Make sure you get a newly renovated room.

Visited September 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“WE LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Second time to Sonoma and second time to the Fairmont. AMAZING hotel. Clean, quaint, outstanding service. We only wish we had a full day to just hang out there. We bucked up and went with the Mission Inn Suite. Loved the layout of the room - clean, romantic (fireplace was a a great add) and unique. The staff was great - all the way around. Had one of the top two massages ever there with Beth (couples massage which I would highly recommend). The bathing ritual is outstanding - a can't miss. Sonoma isn't as upscale as Napa, but we figure with what we saved in staying at the Mission Inn we more than paid for our car service back and forth. Would highly recommend it - we will be back.

Visited June 2012