“Single women”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somes Bar
Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Portland, Oregon
“Single women”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Three unattached women (left the men at home) had a great time. Wonderful food, something for everyone and a perfect place for singles, oldsters, families and children. Experience not necessary.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank h_farrenkopf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

My grandchildren come from comfortable backgrounds and travel to many exoctic places. While at Marble Mountain ranch they both said, " this is the very best vacation that they have ever been on. " Needless to say we will be doing it every year as long as they want to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kismet156
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

My 11-year-old son and I just finished our stay at Marble Mountain Ranch. I read all of the reviews before coming and was a little concerned about the trip from the hotel in Medford to the ranch. However, Doug and Heidi picked us up and the time flew by and we were there before we knew it. My son didn't get car sick and was entertained on the way there and back. The grounds/cabins of the ranch are clean and beautiful. Heidi's cooking is wonderful. We usually do cruises but this vacation was by far the best in activities and food.

We would start our days with trap shooting. Both Doug and his son, Peter, were very knowledgeable and safety was always the most important thing. Next we would go for a morning ride with Heidi, Karen and Lanadon. The trails were beautiful and we never felt like we were on a "trail" horse. The horses were well behaved but you did need to pay attention. There were steep ups and downs along the trail but the horses handled it perfectly. The guides always made sure that we were safe and comfortable. Heidi would educate us to the wildlife and history of the land along the trail. In the afternoon, we would head out to white water raft or fish. Peter was our guide for the rafting and he was excellent. I was a little nervous at first but he is so experienced that I never felt afraid at all. He would point out trees and wildlife along the way and educate us on their importance. Doug took us to Fish Lake where we put a row boat in and fished for several hours. We were always comfortable and Heidi had packed snacks for everyone. The evenings would end with dinner and an occasional campfire where Peter would play the guitar and sing for us. We had so much fun while we were on the ranch. My son wants to know when we will be coming back. I would highly recommend this vacation for anyone. We felt like family while we were there. We hope to return soon to enjoy even more fun at the wonderful Marble Mountain Ranch!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JGalgani
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

Our family has stayed with the Cole family since they first purchased Marble Mountain Ranch in the 1981. Following in our granfather's footsteps, our father took us there for our annual fishing trips, and the three of us "kids" (all over 50 now) still keep the yearly tradition.
The Coles have vastly improved the ranch -- the cabins have been redecorated and updated -- they added a swimming pool and horseback riding -- and their summer ranch program is amazing. They've added spa like amenities such a booking incabin massages. Their fishing ability is top-notch ... enabling even me to catch a Steelhead on my first ever fly fishing trip!
To top off the whole experience, their food is absolutely delicious with homemade breads, cakes, cookies, wholesome breakfasts, abundant packed lunches, and yummy family style dinners with complimentary wine and beer. Their hospitality is genuine and we consider them a part of our family now.
Note to newcomers: Marble Mountain isn't your usual motor lodge or motel. They have a wide variety of cabins and a few houses great for business retreats, weddings, and vacations for groups of family and friends. Plus the bliss of enjoying mother nature without televisions!

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank DPS1981
Camino Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed at the ranch 3 nights. We did a guided Steelhead fishing trip with Doug, he put us on some great fish. Doug is an outstanding Boatman. I have done many guided fishing trips, He was always safe and in control. He was able to work the boat above a tail out that would allow us to present our flies for extended swings. Very effective! After fishing all day I can not think of a better way to wrap things up than with one of Heidi's home cooked country meals. Wow! A must experience! We had three dinner meals that were OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Thank you to Heidi and Doug for making our fishing trip one that we will always remember. John W. Gardner

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Llamamon
santa cruz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

The trip to and from MMR was the toughest part of the trip. Once I arrived with my son, Doug & Heidi were great hosts for the 2 nights and 3 days. We stayed in one of their clean, modern cabins. Our meals were excellent and the service top-notch.
After a hearty ranch breakfast Doug took us 10 miles down to the Klamath fly fishing for steelhead on fly gear from a drift boat. We didn't see another fisherman/worman all day. There was no fishing pressure that day. Doug knows when the honey holes are and kept us working them all day until dark.
If your idea of a good fishing day is a solid 8 hours of active (non-indicator) casting, drifting and stripping, this is the place. My son's a guide in Alaska and he was very impressed with Doug's fishing techniques and boating skills.

• Stayed November 2009
4 Thank CaptainSantaCruz
forest grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

I booked this vacation for my family with some trepidation, since my children and family are urban lock-ups. We live in a rural setting, but the kids are computer and T.V. addicts. What a joy this vacation was! I was able to do so many things with my children in a safe and managed setting. My daughter was interested in the horses, but came with no experience. The rides were well managed and I felt secure in the concern for safety that the Cole's exhibit. The boys were of course interested in the rafting and shooting. Again, the professional level of the operation at Marble Mountain Ranch was right - on. Doug has a somewhat wry sense of humor, and was perfect at easing the anxiety of our novice family. We also left the ranch with a new sense of appreciation for the valid use of guns in a recreation and rural setting. Heidi is the social director of the ranch and does a great job of choreographing the events.

For me though, I must say that the highlight was in the remarkable food that Heidi and Staff present. I have never had such consistent high quality and original cooking in any of my previous vacations. Do yourself a favor and give Doug and Heidi a call for a vacation before this place gets so well known that you cannot find space availability, This mix of adventure and cuisine is a winner and will not long remain undiscovered by the masses. Also, be sure you buy one of Heidi's cook books and do not forget your camera. The scenery is breath taking.
C.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank cherylsgal

Been to Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!