“my bucket list”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somes Bar
Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my choice for a family celebration of 50 yrs. married - it was the best choice I have made for a vacation my whole life. The hosts were wonderful -all ages loved this ranch, and want to return every year. Doug and Heidi and their wonderful family made our vacation a truly enjoyable trip. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful - the activities varied, and organized. Food wasx delicious, and they made us feel like their family. I recommend this wonderful Guest Ranch to all ages, people who want a ranch experience, not a spa trip -it was all we hoped for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Hey there pdewgn. Thank you for the kind review! I remember your 50 year celebration here and thank you for choosing us to share it with. Heidi and I have been married fo 35 years, and I look to successful families like yours as a pattern to watch and follow. Could it be that wholesome family recreation is one of many secrets to longevity of the family?! Of course I think so, and hope you and your family can find your way back to your new mountain home.....Heidi and I give our best to all of you, and thank you again for your fine review.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hi all,

we decided to spend our honeymoon on the ranch and it was just awesome! We enjoyed each and every second of it!
My husband enjoyed shooting and we both loved the beautiful trails with the well trained horses! The arena challenges are fun and the trails have been the best experience I ever had on a horse.
If you like american food, you'll love Heidi's homemade meals. Her cookies are just wow :)
And don't miss to raft on the Klamath River and see the twin-waterfall after a wonderful hike through the forest.

We never regretted to choose this place for our honeymoon - it's more the opposite! We are looking forward to spend some more days there again.

Regards from Duesseldorf - Germany

PS. Thanks to all of you making this time so special!

Room Tip: Cottage Sleepy Hollow is wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie N
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hi Stephanie and Kai, Thank you for choosing us for your honeymoon! Hey, have you seen our new trail riding video? go to the Horses menu on our website and click to the "trail riding" page. You might get some refreshed memories of our rides!

Thank you for trusting us to host the venue for your honeymoon, we understand how long lived these memories will be for you, and we are glad to have been a part of them. I still think of your lost wedding ring at Ukanom Falls. I suppose if it were to be lost, placing it in a sacred spot such as this might offer some solace. Please come and visit us again, we enjoyed your company too!

Doug and Heidi

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My friend and I just spent two days fishing with Doug. We have been fishing together for several years and this is the best trip we have every had. Doug knows how to fish for Steel Heads. We caught lots of fish each day, and enjoyed his dry since of humor.
Heidi also knows how to treat her guests. Her warmth and feeling toward her guests is outstanding, not to mention the quality of her food, which was also outstanding.. We felt like we were part of the family. This is one guest ranch you should not miss.

Don A.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Don! Thanks for the propitious piscatorial presentation! (I am practicing my alliterations - you never know when you might need one in some sparkling effervescent river chatter) Yes sir! we got a plethora - o - Klamath Steelhead! Oh, and thank you for the gracious comments about my wife Heidi and her culinary skill sets. Everyone wants to know why I don't weigh 350 pounds. Well, I will let you in on that secret at your next visit. Don't stay away too long! Doug

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I used to live near Forks of Salmon and this was my first visit to the area in 16 years. Doug and Heidi welcomed us with warm hospitality, a cozy, immaculate cabin with ironed sheets! and every comfort imaginable. We loved our hikes and swims in the river and walking around the lovely grounds of the Marble Mountain Ranch. When I got home, I wanted to turn right around and go back up there. Anne B.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Hi Anne, glad you enjoyed the "ironed sheets" . Most people don't pick-up on those little details. I enjoyed chatting with you about the local history, and appreciated your follow-up with details on the "Dear Mad"m" / Patterson ranch location(s). We also have done all we can to try and recapture lost history in the local community. I am ALWAYS on the look-out for old timers that might have interesting photos/anecdotes.

Anyway, please do come again. The Fall is perfect for quiet hikes, and comfortable weather. You might consider a lodge dinner with us next year, and take some of the load out of your packing obligations.

Our best to you,
The ranch gang.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was getting burnt out at work and needed a vacation fast so I didn't have any kind of time to plan a trip with friends. I had always wanted to spend time on a guest ranch, so I researched places like Canada, Montana, Wyoming but stumbled across MMR right here in my own state. I was still a bit hesitant in traveling alone but I knew I needed to do something quick or else I would end up in the pysch ward. So I called MMR and talked with a warm and welcoming, wonderful woman named Heidi and I was sold.

I just spent one of the most wonderful weeks at MMR. I totally forgot how beautiful this earth could be and it was right here in my own state (check out their facebook page).
It is such a family type atmosphere that you can bond with the ranch help, bond with the other families or do both, so single people please don't dismiss this place. If you are looking to get away from the "rat race of life" and you want to experience the ranch life of horses and outdoor activites, this is the place.

I have many fond memories of this place but some of the highlights:
Jason navigating us through Dragon's tooth on the first day of rafting. That was so sweet Jason.
Going to bed at night to the sounds of the crickets and waking up to the sounds of the horses waiting to be fed.
The absolute beautiful trail rides with Doug.
Feeding the horses apples
Cantering for the first time, Thanks Max
My trail horse Sugar
The food....I am such a picky eater but I have never eaten so much ever in one week
And my new little friend Mattie, a very unique 3 1/2 year that was also a guest at the ranch.

Kudos to Doug, Heidi and the rest of the staff in promoting a safe environment
I plan to come back soon, heck I would be willing to go and spend a week just working on the ranch......that is how beautiful and peaceful this place is
A big "Thank-you" to Doug, Heidi and the rest of the staff. You all were just what the doctor ordered:)
Leanne

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Leanne P
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hi Leanne, thank you for trusting us with your vacation as a single traveler. I thought about asking one of our local singles (Oleg) to come and lend a hand during your stay - for some good peer support, but he could not find his teeth and he had some other excuse about a meeting with his therapist. SO.....you got the sparkling effervescent Cole clan and a wonderful mix of jovial guests determined to have a good time. And yes, we did have a good time, HUH!!? I appreciated your help tacking up the horses, since Chelsea was back at her other job, and our seasonal staff is rapidly diminishing....and now you know how to tie the "Texas T" (remember the seven-eleven mantra) Please come again, and as for bringing your gang of single nurses....we need to talk about not exceeding the nurse-critical-mass threshold and sparking a spontaneous combustion of some sort. Cheers! Doug and the MMR gang.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dear Doug, Heidi and entire Marble Mountain Ranch Family,

Thank you for the most amazing week! We are all suffering a bit of "let down" now that we are home. We miss everyone, and everything so very much. My daughter is really struggling and has cried daily over her "Miss Merry"... and hopes she will be there for her next year when we return.

You have the most amazing family and staff -- and we all feel so blessed to have met you and spent time with you all. Thank for taking such great care of all of us and sharing your beautiful home and property. It is truly a piece of heaven.

We will treasure the memories and hope to see you all next summer! We will load photos of the trip -- we have some beautiful ones!

Now for some comments for those reading reviews, the property is breathtaking, the cabins so clean and welcoming, the horses so friendly and well-trained (for even the youngest of riders - my 3 year old nephew!). The staff is incredible with all ages -- and I am not sure I have ever had better food! Heidi is an amazing cook -- I purchased the cookbook and hope to re-create some meals at home! Not one complaint or comment to improve -- cannot wait to return!

Thanks again for everything --

Celene C., San Clemente, CA

Room Tip: There is no Spa or Room Service, but the beds are so comfortable and after an active day - a home-co...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Hi Celene, thank you for the very touching review. You can tell your daughter that she can stop crying! It's all good! Miss Merry is a part of the dude string family and we have no plans to let her leave. And yes, isn't she just an adorable horse. She has been a "quick learn". Can you believe that this is her first full year on the trail with us? Amazing, huh?!

I'm excited to hear about your return. We shared some good times on the trail, the river, and while sharing some great cuisine..... We look forward to the return of you and your family.

Doug, Heidi and staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had an absolute blast on this trip!
We were there on July 4 (Same as the Fryar's! see their review too) week and had a super fun time.
Here are is my super summary...
Kids never asked for the iPad or iPhone the entire time we were here.
They cried when we left (5 and 8) and said they wanted to live here for ever and make new friends every week.

Doug, Heidi and their big amazing family really take care of you.
The food was amazing.

GO ON THE HIKE!
Bring a waterproof camera!

Here is our fun little family movie...

Room Tip: Stayed in Cabin 9 I think which had the zip line right next to it. Very convenient to sit on the po...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank trrydms

HelloTrrydms and family, thank you for the amazing review! Your comments about the boys never asking for the i-pad or i-phone reminds me of a young boy traveling here with his grandmother. While riding on horse back along the Klamath River, he exclaimed in excitement: “Look Grandma! This is almost as beautiful as virtual reality!”

One of our secret pleasures, is enabling visiting guests to disconnect from technology. We have a nice balance of available Wi Fi in the lodge, but no cell coverage and enough adventurous distractions that most people are motivated to leave the mobile devices in their cabins.

Thanks again for the time to write the amazing review, and we hope to see you again!

Doug, Heidi, and the gang

Been to Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!