“Overpriced”

Hadsten House Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Hadsten House Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel (a renovated motor lodge) and its restaurant are a terrible value. I ordered a pasta dish that the Olive Garden probably could have done better - at less than half the price. The portion was huge and tasteless. We ordered a $36 bottle of wine. The manager came by and said the wine we had ordered was not available, and said she'd give us a $44 bottle for the same price. Our bill had the $44 bottle. The atmosphere was completely lacking. Save your money.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I ate here on a Wednesday night...the food was adequate at best and the service barely acceptable. I left feeling totally unsatisfied wishing I would have ordered a pizza somewhere else instead saving myself $100.

1  Thank Rob91465
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have eaten here a few times on different visits. When ever I had ordered the local scallops they have been very yummy! The food here has been very good. It's definitely worth looking at if your staying at the Hadsten House (or not). Truffle potato chips are heaven.

1  Thank 1porterpup
Reviewed August 20, 2013

All the staff was very polite and tried to assist you as much as they could, but were very limited in numbers so you did have to wait awhile at times.
Food was absolutely delicious and the chef even came out to see if everything with our meal was ok, which was a FIRST for me.
Nice décor, romantic.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a wonderful day wine tasting in Santa Ynez. Around 5:00 we decided to find a place for dinner. Places we called were booked and on top of that we were a party of eight! We called the Hadsten House and they said they could seat us right away. To be honest, we were sceptical. we were pleasantly surprised. We had steaks, pasta, lobster bisque, and burgers. Everything was very good. Service too.