“Great Little Place - Very Good Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We really enjoyed dinning at Kabuki. Will visit again for sure!

Reviewed September 4, 2011

This restaurant is in the tourist town of Solvang Ca. This is the Danish "capital" of America. We have lived in this area 23 years. This was the first time we have had a meal here. Go figure! It is directly across the street from the formal outdoor Theaterfest. Ideal for a before show meal. Now the food. Shin Kuboyama the owner and chef presents beautiful and very delicious Japanese meals. The sushi boards are a real sight and excellant in taste. Combination dinners of beef or chicken teriyaki or Salmon teri come with 3 tempura pieces which were perfect. they were broccoli, squash and zucchini. A large cabbage salad with vineragrette and large scoop of sticky rice made for a most filling meal. My wifes sushi roll board was 7 pieces of tempura sushi! Most unique. There are plenty of Appetizers of seafood such as Tuna steak - Green Mussels baked - spicy battered chicken - soft shell crab and Gyoza (pot stickers) Prices range from $6- $13. Dinners-$15-$20. Japanese beer makes the meals even better. This evening Jazz was playing to set the mood . Four chairs face the chef with ten to twelve tables inside and out. Overall, very nice.

Reviewed January 7, 2010

The sushi at Kabuki is good, but the rest not so good. My hubby and I eat at Kabuki occasionally, usually for lunch.

The atmosphere is uncomfortable with very little space to move around. Don't expect much of an atmosphere, especially when they are packed and with the small space, they quickly get packed. The service is now average to poor. There used to be two male waiters who were very good, but they are long gone. I can imagine that hiring good staff is difficult, but when you ask the waitress at a sushi restaurant for an order of Tamago (omelet), I don't expect her to look at me confused and ask me what that means. Perhaps I expect too much?

Reviewed September 28, 2009

we loved everything from the 26.95 menu for two, and our son really liked his chicken bowl. It was a very pleasant night with free music coming from the theater, a capella group was performing at that time. we sat outside because our pet came along.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Kabuki is great if you like waiting around for hours, having your order screwed up, and eating rotten fish!

3  Thank spiderpaz