“The worst crepes and service ever!!!”
Review of Belgian Cafe

Belgian Cafe
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Newark, California
“The worst crepes and service ever!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The crepes were small and dripping with what seemed like water. I asked the server if I could have no bell peppers and she said it was in the mix and I could pick them out, so I ordered extra mushrooms to add bulk. I got a crepe with nothing but bell peppers in it - seriously, nothing else. I sent it back and they brought out the same thing with about three slices of mushrooms. When the server asked how it was, I said terrible and she laughed and walked away. Also, when we sat down she came up three times and asked f we were ready to order before we had looked at even half the menu.
I sat there and did not eat because it was just that bad (and I am the type who is not picky and will eat anything).

2 Thank Daniella13

California
“yummy waffles!”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I had the Banana Supreme Waffle, and it came with a golden crispy waffle, topped with vanilla icecream, a split banana, pecans, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, and home-made whipped cream... it was divine!
My husband loved his grilled Danish sausage as well.
The place is also very attractively and pleasantly decorated.

2 Thank mallu_traveler
San Diego, California
“Light and Fluffy Waffles”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Cozy little place for breakfast. We had the waffles and were both very impressed with how light a tasty they were. I had the travelers special waffle. The waffle was light and tasted great with the maple syrup and butter. I also enjoyed the country sausage that came with the breadfast, which was the best I've had in quite a while.

3 Thank HubbyChubby
CA
“Great Breakfasts”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I am a local and the Belgian Cafe has become one of my favorite places. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is very nice. And last but certainly not least the food and coffee are always very good and very fresh. How nice it is to walk in and be seated without waiting for 30-minutes. Can't beat the prices either. Get off the main drag and come down to Copenhagen Drive - you'll be glad that you did.

1 Thank BadGoat
los molinos
“THE BEST CREPES EVER!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We come back here as often as we can, they are friendly and the strawberry crepes were as awesome this last time as when i was younger. They have wonderful sstaff and accomadated our service dog ...A+++food the best, we travel 8 hours just to come to have the crepes!

1 Thank irishrred

Been to Belgian Cafe? Share your experiences!