“Great pastries”

Ranked #4 of 5 Bakeries in Solvang
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were looking for someplace to get some pastries and came across this little place off the main street. We got lucky and found this place and had some pastries for breakfast. There were so good that I bought extras to have when we got home in AZ. It's a shame that I haven't stopped in Solvang for all the times I've driven Hwy 101.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place aside from its traditional look of Denmark it's in solvang has gluten free tastes I haven't tasted since I became gluten free my favorite item was the nut horns it is a bit out of the way of the main road but a good walk from downtown solvang

1  Thank JohnAndJackMyBear
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Where else can you get Danish pastries so amazing unless you travel to the original spot itself! I love this place - after lunch or to get it to go to for a treat after dinner - large selection of delicious treats.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This place served the BEST custard Danish I've ever had. Friendly service and a relaxed ambience made it a great place to stop for a mid morning snack.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I grew up in a Danish household and a trip to Mortensen's reminded my of my childhood when my Grandmother made fresh pastries for breakfast. The pastry is so good I actually wen back for seconds. Love this place

Been to Mortensen's Danish Bakery? Share your experiences!