“Yuuummmm”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Glendora, California
“Yuuummmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great, authentic place to grab some pastries. You can either eat there or take it with you while you walk around and site see.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Enjoy the Danish Pastries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recommend the tasty danish pastries. The only disappointment was that they would not refill our coffee's while we were still enjoying the pastries. The afternoon treats and coffees were over $25 and we were sure they could have given us a warm up on our coffee cups. Good food and a good memory anyway....

• Visited July 2013
Oakland, California
“It's all about the Danish . . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent the last five days in Santa Barbara County, including the quaint (quasi-) Danish town of Solvang. I ate at no fewer than seven establishments that touted themselves as purveyors of Danish pastries and cookies. Of all of them, I enjoyed the food at Mortensen's most of all. The selection of breakfast and dessert baked items was varied and sizable. I partook of pastries and cookies at various points during my visits. Their pastries were neither soggy/gummy nor dry, just perfectly flaky. Among all the Solvang bakeries, Mortensen's cookies were the freshest I sampled. Because I enjoy a hint of coconut flavor, their cookies were particularly scrumptious. Moreover, Mortensen's staff were very friendly and solicitous, even going to the back and bringing out WARM COOKIES to give a customer the freshest ones available.

On the negative side, Mortensen's coffee could use an upgrade, and the interior design is very much 1950s.

On balance, I'm sorry I didn't go exclusively to Mortensen's for all my baked goods during my trip.

• Visited July 2013
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Not my choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Coffee was weak, so if you like Starbucks, this is NOT your best choice. Raspberry danish was gummy on the bottom, and the filling was goopy and very sweet.

On the plus side, people were very nice.

• Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Extremely sweet cookies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unless you have a really sweet tooth, don't touch these cookies! There are really sweet. Also, I do not like the coconut used as an ingredient for the cookies.

Definitely, will not buy these cookies and not worth taking the trouble to bring it all the way back home as a gift.

• Visited December 2012