“Good Eats”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Roco
Ranked #54 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Ynez, California
“Good Eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love this place, so much we eat there every Friday night we are in town. I especially like the chili verde. We have even created our own bean burrito called by us anyway - The Black & Tan. It has half refried bean and half black beans. The carnitas are also good. They some special nights; Taco Tuesday, Dollar Menu Thursday and Fish Taco Friday.

• Visited December 2012

North Hills
“A Hole in the Wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in to Taco Roco in Buellton on my to San Luis Obispo. It's small place with walk-up counter service. I ordered the Machaca and Eggs, which came with beans, flour tortillas and hash browns. Very good food and plenty of it for under six bucks.

Santa Ynez, California
“Taco Tuesday!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

For fast food Mexican, you really can't beat Taco Roco. They kind of split the difference between a fast food and sit down restaurant.

We have been going here since they opened and been in quite a bit. The staff is always nice and they keep the place really clean. We tend to go for the Taco Tuesday deal (tacos are 99 cents each). They also have burrito Wednesdays, but so far we have not made it in for that.

I tend to get grief from my wife for ordering the breaded fish tacos (because I order them most of the time when we go in), but I really enjoy them.

Definitely worth a try.

• Visited August 2012
San Luis Obispo
“GREAT Burritos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you're lookin' for a burrito at a reasonable price pack with flavor and all the fixin's - this is the place! They also make a MEAN shrimp salad!

Visited March 2012
local16
“Solvang's popular take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

A favorite local place for dine in or take-out. The food is basic but real. Be sure to be clear, though if you are are not comfortable with Onions or Cilantro when ordering. I take some kind of order home every few weeks since it is on my way home.
A nice treat it is. I only wish Taco Roco made Ceviche more than one day a week. Taco Tuesdays are a good buy at 1$ each
but the fried ones are oily. Get some soft tacos also!

Visited March 2012

Been to Taco Roco? Share your experiences!