Hadsten House
The Landsby(Solvang)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Corque(Solvang)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolpotatoeswine tastingoatmealelectric fireplacelobster bisquefresh fruitflat screena great place to stayhot tubmid weeksliding doorfree breakfastwine countryroom ratesanta barbarain town
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Hadsten House is very cute with great amenities. Great pool area and breakfast. The rooms are not very large but still good and they are decorated nicely. The location is great. However, the front staff does need to be a bit more friendly!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Quiet, well located, great breakfast options and staff that is professional. We will stay again and again! Easy walking to great restaurants, allowed early check in... Just a nice experience! A great option for a wine weekend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lori W
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 4 years ago and had a pleasant experience. This time around I can not say the same.
The rooms are decorated nicely however, the carpet is stained and furniture looks tired. We stayed in a king room behind the pool area and were kept up all night from the VERY LOUD pool equipment ( don't stay in a room directly outside the pool). We went into the front office first thing in the morning and asked to be moved, the girl at the front desk was very polite and kindly moved us right away. We moved into a room closer to the front of the hotel and when we walked in, noticed that the carpet was stained in multiple places and smelled. I don't really like to complain and I couldn't hear the pool equipment so we stayed. After being out all day and getting back around 9:30pm we were happy to get a good nights sleep, or so we thought. At 1:00 am the people in the room next door to us came back to their room. We could hear them talking and then they turned the tv on and we could hear it through the wall. Two hours later( tv still on) we hear them "getting it on" and then the shower water turning on. The walls are so thin here, you really can hear EVERYTHING!! If you get a room closer to the front you will hear the traffic on the street.

The restaurant is excellent and they have a complimentary buffet in the morning. The hotel is within walking distance to shops, tasting rooms and restaurants.

I would look at the Hotel Corque. We were impressed with the staff, decor and cleanliness of the hotel. They also have a restaurant next door that has a great bar/restaurant and the dessert was good too. This hotel is owned by the casino. We were informed that the casino just recently purchased the Hadsten House, so hopefully they will remodel the rooms!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

At first, I was a little skeptical about selecting the Hadsten House, but I was pleasantly surprised. The desk staff were efficient and friendly. I stayed in room 205, which is closer to the highway. Although there was a little bit of traffic noise, I didn't bother me at all. I stayed in a king room/suite and it was roomy. The fireplace was a nice touch. It seemed that the hotel was just newly redone. The paint was nice, furnishings pleasant, and best of all was the cleanliness. Everything was clean, even under the sink and furniture! Even the bed was comfortable! The complementary breakfast hit the spot with options for different types of dietary needs. The staff in charge of the breakfast were very friendly and helpful. Based on my experiences, I would recommend the Hadsten House.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to highway noise, request a room towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hadsten was perfect for us. We booked by calling 1 hour before we arrived and Carrie was super helpful to make our reservation quick and easy. When we arrived our room was ready. We were so pleased with the room. Clean, comfortable, and modern. The bed was super comfortable and the room was large and roomy. We had a room on the second floor and it was quiet and pleasant. The next morning we had breakfast there and they had eggs, bacon, waffles, potatoes, French toast, and oatmeal to serve yourselves as you like. We didn't even have to drive to walk around Solvang because it was so close to town. We will definitely be staying here for our upcoming visits to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family