“Busy Highway Outside”
Review of Hadsten House

Hadsten House
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was a two-story place right next to a busy highway. It was extremely difficult to sleep and I was in the lobby when several people were asking to move to other rooms due to the noise. No rolls or even toast for breakfast, even though the hotel was located in the quaint, Danish village of Slovang with lots of Danish shops with home-made breads, rolls, etc. Dinner at the hotel was great but the service was just average. The front desk staff were extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming. The rooms were well-decorated and attractive.
The rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the rooms close to the highway----G
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Beck48
hotelgmSolvang, General Manager at Hadsten House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

I just want to say I am very sorry that noise concerns impacted your stay here at the Hadsten House. Like the majority of inns in Solvang we are located on Mission Drive which can, at times, get quite busy. We do encourage guests who are more sensitive to traffic noise to call ahead, and whenever possible we will accommodate them in the back part of the building.

I also would like to clear up a comment about the breakfast. The statement "No rolls or even toast for breakfast, even though the hotel was located in the quaint, Danish village of Slovang(sic) with lots of Danish shops with home-made breads, rolls, etc" sounds as if we do not include a breakfast. I just want it to be clear that we do include a full hot American breakfast for our guests. This fresh cooked breakfast includes bacon, eggs, home fried potatoes, French toast, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit and coffee or juice. So, while it is true that we leave pastries to Solvang’s many fine bakeries, we certainly do not cut any corners on our breakfast offerings.

Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope you will come back in the future and perhaps we can arrange a quieter stay then.

There are newer reviews for Hadsten House

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay at the Hadsten House. While it looks at first glance like a typical two-storey motel, it greatly exceeeds those expectations. The exterior is decorated and landscaped very nicely to produce a charming ambience.
Our room was refurbished with a very modern look and lots of "classy" touches, such as the granite counter in the bathroom. The bedding was extremely comfortable.
Our only complaint was that the a/c unit was in the bathroom area and thus had a hard time cooling the rest of the room unless you made the bathroom very cold indeed.
Like the room itself, the included breakfast exceeded expectations - a full and varied breakfast with attentive service, way beyond the typical "help yourself" continental.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the best hotel hands down in Solvang! This is my second time staying here and each time I have been very happy. I am a very picky traveler as I work in the travel industry and hold my fellow hoteliers to HIGHER THAN AVERAGE standard. This hotel hands down met my requirements especially for being in a small town. Make sure and request a 2nd level room. The rooms are very spacious with a fireplace and nice bathroom. I recommend a visit to the Mystic Merchant as well just a short stroll from the hotel.

Now that the Chumash Casino owns this hotel I hope They KEEP IT UP just like the previous owners did. Please keep the price point where it is now to be able to keep up with any necessary upgrades.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was our second stay at this motel and equally as good, Front desk pleasant and helpful.
Room comfortable with a nice touch with a fireplace They should have a higher wattage bulbs in the bedside lamps, it was impossible to read in bed with the poor light.
The breakfast was included and it was very good with good service.
The dinner was superb and again good service.
Location excellent for walking the main street of Solvang. .

Room Tip: Ask for first floor room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Hadsten House, as we wanted to visit the wine country. It has a great location, convenient for walking into Solvang, and pretty central to the Santa Ynez wineries and vineyards. It is an old motel which has been decorated in a contemporary fashion. Unfortunately my first impressions were a rather large stain on the carpet in our room, but otherwise everything was good. Clean bathroom and powerful shower. In room hair dryer and fridge, but no safe. Excellent hot breakfast, included in the room rate, plus nice pool and jacuzzi. Pretty good all round and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 2nd floor to avoid noisy neighbours upstairs!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just spent 3 days at the Hadsten House this Labor Day Weekend and my expectations were fulfilled again.

Rooom: I had a King Room which was spacious and clean. It had a comfortbable couch, a cozy Fireplace and a Large T.V. It even had a mini refrigerator which came in handy for me because I bring alot of Water with me when I plan on drinking in wine country.

Great Location: Hotel has a general store next door and is in walking distance of the streets of Solvang.

Extras: If you are planning on tasting wine the Hotel offers a complimentary discount list of about 20 Wineries and Tasting rooms where you get free tasting or 2 for 1 tastings- you have to ask for this. Also, a free hot breakfast is offered every morning and the food is tasty and the service is great. I also ate dinner at the restaurant and the food was delicious as well.

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hadsten House is a find. It's a well-kept upscale motel at the Buellton "entrance" to Solvang, the other end of town from the Chumash Casino, which means you don't have to go all the way through town to find it. It is set back from the road, and quiet for the area. The rooms are very clean and fresh and well-appointed, with an electric fireplace if needed, a big comfortable vanity area and bathroom, great beds, and a TV that really works. With Wi-Fi in the rooms and a good hot breakfast both complimentary, it is also good value. The staff is courteous and very helpful. The best feature of all is a large indoor pool in a bright pavilion with French doors, and an adjacent walled sauna area outside with seating and fireplaces. The only mild criticisms: the dining-room is incredibly dark, and there is only one distant ice-making machine for the whole property.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room near the pool. The property is large and there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
Holiday Inn Express Solvang
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez

Been to Hadsten House? Share your experiences!