“Best place for the price in Solvang!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hadsten House

Hadsten House
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
“Best place for the price in Solvang!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We come up to Solvang, Santa Ynez area every few months and Hadsten House is our #1 choice when they have Vacancies. Great little Boutique hotel, clean and convenient. The full package. We love the Hadsten House!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We have stayed in the Hadsten House on one previous occasion and enjoyed it very much. We wanted a quick getaway and requested and booked the jacuzzi suite for last Saturday night. After a long day we were looking forward to a soak in the tub and a nice dinner. Upon check in the young blond girl at the front desk informed us there was a leak and we were being placed in a basic room. "But don't worry" she said, "we are only going to charge you the standard rate instead of the rate of the jacuzzi suite." Really? Thank you Hadsten House for the favour of not overcharging us for something you are not providing.
We go to our new room which, in my opinion, is in a poor location of the hotel. I go back to the front desk and speak to the girl again. Why were we not placed in a better room, or in a better location in the hotel since we have been inconvenienced?? Well, she replies, "you are LUCKY to have a room at all. We had to walk another group across the street because we are full." So I am "lucky" twice - once for having them honor my reservation and not checking me into the Holiday Inn, and once for their consideration in not overcharging us. Now I am tired of this young girl, who clearly has not been properly coached and trained to provide customer service. I ask for the manager. Oh, they are gone for the day. (5pm on a Saturday). Who is in charge? The young girl. Awesome. I asked her to please have the manager contact me in the morning, and even left a note, but apparently it ( I ) was not important enough as I still have not heard anything back.
This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a negative review. Being in the service industry myself for the past 19 years I feel I have a realistic understanding of what to expect from fellow customer service representatives.
Never was the wine hour mentioned. Never was the breakfast mentioned (on either stay). No apologies made for the fact that we purposely stayed at the Hadsten House for the jacuzzi room and were not notified of the leak until check in. No concessions made on the room rate, nor anything provided to offset the disappointment. My disatisfaction does not lie in the hotel ( leaks happen and I do not want to stay in a leaky room ), however, the employee selected by management to run the front desk on a Saturday afternoon during check in is the main factor in this negative review.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank cojavon
East Dumbarton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We visited Solvang in October while on a visit from Scotland and found this facility absolutely charming. Clean, well furnished with staff that went out of their way to help and the resturant offered good food at reasoable prices. We found the whole experience positive and would have no hesitation in returning to Hadsten House and Solvang. Thank you all. Bill Mitchell Scotland

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My college sorority sister and I spent three nights in this motel on the fringe of the "Danish" inspired community of Solvang while biking and wine tasting in the area. We found the clean and nicely furnished room very comfy with two well appointed queen size beds, a refrigerator, coffee maker, and roomy sink/make up area with plenty of counter space. Though it has the classic motel style, the design improvements make it feel much more cozy. The walkway along the rooms was broken up with planted areas that limited the number or people walking in front of the room and made a little patio area in front of each room. We stayed on the bottom floor and didn't hear a sound from above, but we did have some highway noise. The AC unit was quiet and located in the powder area so it didn't blast us with cold air while sleeping, but it was cold to have on while brushing our teeth. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast one morning, but we aren't big breakfast eaters. The dining room was very chic and a surprise to find in the motel setting.

Room Tip: Along the main highway, so asking for a room further back might eliminate highway noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Just a note to let you know about a great young women that works at the front desk who was so helpfull, and went above and beyound, when I stopped by to check the hotel for future stays. she took the time to walk the entire property with me, resturant, rooms, it is a lovley property and I have booked three different stays, mostly because of Taylors gracious service. April Hendrickson, Monterey Ca

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sherman Oaks, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

After the Marriott in Buellton, CA. Screwed us, once again, we called the Hadsten House, last minute to see if they had rooms with jacuzzi's in them. Marea answered the phone and was immediately accommodating and understanding! She booked us the type of room we wanted and gave us a discount! The ladies at the front desk, Taylor, Carly and Marea, were extremely personable, lively and gave amazing customer service that was natural and pleasant! The room was updated and beautiful! There's a flat screen T.V. In front of the jacuzzi and its situated in it's own separate space and has a faux fireplace that glows. The jacuzzi is big and has different light settings! The room itself is just beautiful! My husband and I can't wait to come back here! This place is within walking distance to all of the Solvang shops and restaurants! Their complimentary breakfast is actually good! They also have a complimentary wine and cheese tasting with amazing tasting cheese and Salmon Creek wines! I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: they have rooms with amazing jacuzzi's
1 Thank Bobbie G
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a night at Hadsten House after a day of wine tasting - although we couldn't check in early, reception was happy to hand out our free/ discounted wine tasting list which was a real bonus.
The hotel essentially looks like a motel from the outside, as it is on the side of the road built around the parking lot on two floors, with reception, dining room and pool in the centre. But we were very pleasantly surprised by the tastefully decorated room and great bed/ bathroom. Fantastic value for money.
We didn't get chance to use the pool, but had our free breakfast in the dining room which was fairly good (not great) but very dark for breakfast time.
The biggest downside was that the staff we encountered were not very friendly - when we asked about the wine and cheese in reception we were simply told we'd missed it (though they hadn't told us about it earlier) and when we politely asked if they could call us a taxi for dinner as we only had British phones with us, they seemed irritated and we had to call back from the room twice as they never confirmed as we asked.
Perfectly situated for Solvang/ Santa Ynez and lovely looking room on second floor, so still a good experience overall.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jenny S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
5.0 of 5 stars 355 reviews

Been to Hadsten House? Share your experiences!