“A delight!!”

Heidelberg Inn
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Every time we go to Solvang we have lunch at the Heidelberg Inn & we have been going there for many years. It is so nice sitting outside & their food is amazing! Their sausages, sandwiches, potato salad, desserts, everything is delicious!! We love this place! Also they have excellent service & the people that work there are very nice.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We we're hungry, so we stopped for the Danish sausage and cabbage plate. Big enough for two people. Here is where we discovered Hoegaarden beer. Came home later and found it at my local Vons. The server was friendly and attentive. We arrived just as it opened at 11:00. Just a nice place to sit and have a sausage and beer and people watch. It was probably our favorite spot in all of Solvang. Check it out.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

For lunch, we had the #6, the fried sausages, peppers and onions and it was excellent! Service was good. I'd return here.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

They have good sausages and red cabbage, but I like the most their clam chowder, their staff super friendly, service was fast and good. Very good location. Prices were ok for the food you get.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would give five stars to our server, Cheyenne. She was super friendly and we appreciated that. My mother was Bavarian, and I have learned to appreciate great German food (as well as I know how to make it). Where do I start? The red cabbage was outstanding. The spaetzle was dry and overcooked, like it had been sitting in a skillet for hours. It was palatable, but definitely underwhelming. The sauerbraten. Oy. I didn't know beef came is such a perfect square shape! It reminds me of those turkey loaves you buy in the frozen food section. Rubbery and really gross. The gravy...total disaster. It was dark brown, thick and just plain awful. It tasted like it came in a can. Hubs got the sausage plate, which he liked. I'm happy for him, but having grown up in a German delicatessen, I've eaten plenty of sausages to last me a lifetime. The German tap beer was delicious, and served properly. Like I said, our server made the experience better. The food...'meh.