“Definitely not a compliment to my German D.N.A.”
Review of Heidelberg Inn - CLOSED

Heidelberg Inn
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would give five stars to our server, Cheyenne. She was super friendly and we appreciated that. My mother was Bavarian, and I have learned to appreciate great German food (as well as I know how to make it). Where do I start? The red cabbage was outstanding. The spaetzle was dry and overcooked, like it had been sitting in a skillet for hours. It was palatable, but definitely underwhelming. The sauerbraten. Oy. I didn't know beef came is such a perfect square shape! It reminds me of those turkey loaves you buy in the frozen food section. Rubbery and really gross. The gravy...total disaster. It was dark brown, thick and just plain awful. It tasted like it came in a can. Hubs got the sausage plate, which he liked. I'm happy for him, but having grown up in a German delicatessen, I've eaten plenty of sausages to last me a lifetime. The German tap beer was delicious, and served properly. Like I said, our server made the experience better. The food...'meh.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Thought we'd try out this restaurant....especially since we've never had schnitzel. Well, we ordered it, and it was very tasty. Order came with tasty red potatoes and mixed vegetables. Had their beer...hubby had a 2 steins!
We sat outside, the weather was great, and we enjoyed just people watching and eating. Didn't pay too much for such a wonderful meal! Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

For a "Danish" feeling meal, try the Heidelberg Inn. We sat outside and brought our dog. Our waitress was very nice and brought out a lid of cold water twice, since our dog decided to spill the first one. They have a good variety of sausages, and their house wine and beers on tap were good. Portions are large. The sauerkraut and pickled cabbage were very good. The aebleskivers (pancake balls with berry jam) were tasty, fluffy, and not too sweet. For a "taste" of Solvang, this provides a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

It being lunchtime, we did not want a big plate, and I could see that they had 'big' plates! We settled for sausages in rolls with sauerkraut. It fitted the bill perfectly, good bread and superb sausage. Clean, attractive establishment, good service. To top it off, they had 'Hoppy Poppy' on draft. Yes!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Horrible food, has nothing to do with German style of cooking. To call the "sausage" bratwurst is a shame. Prices are very steep for the quality offered. Service ok. Had German music and warsteiner beer.

1  Thank deimo_kessi