Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort
King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$128
Mirabelle Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$185
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$129
$180
$157
$126
Royal Copenhagen Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$125
$115
Hadsten House(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$115
Orbitz.com
Solvang Gardens Lodge(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$209
AscendHotels
Hotel Corque(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$177
$159
All reviewshorseback ridingpetting zoobreakfast and dinnerthe barntennis courtsprivate lakeair riflecraft roommusical chairstwo coursesarts and craftsfamily vacationcowboy poetryoatmeal piebald eaglesguinea pigssycamore trees
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had a fabulous time at the Alisal. Amazing rooms, food, golf course, and kids activities. I especially love the babysitting services provided by The Little Guest. Our family had a very memorable experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank corey j
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We travelled from England and stayed at Alisal as part of a California road trip with a 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son. Yes, it is expensive but we found it to be such a memorable friendly place where kids ditch the gadgets for once and are free to make new friends and roam around in a safe environment. Horses are said to have special spiritual qualities and watching them graze or gazing across the landscape from horseback was mesmerising. The food was superb and the service excellent. It is true that it is dominated by lots of repeat visiting families, but all I know is as I write this from my home in London, I have such special memories of our romantic cowboy experience that you can't put a price on. If we lived closer, I'd sure as hell be staying every year. My only weeny criticism is the lodgings are all semi-detached or attached properties and there is only a flimsy door between you and the neighbours. However overall Alisal will stay in my heart for a long time to come, and other Brits will head that way from my recommendation no doubt.

Room Tip: go for the semi-detached rather than attached to several others
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

What a fantastic experience! Private golf course, beautiful rooms, outstanding dining facility, all inclusive experience... it is our perfect get away place close to home. The rooms do not have TV's or telephones because it is designed to be a place to get peace and quiet. The Alisal Ranch is designed with families in mind so don't be shy about taking the kids, parents, grandparents...etc. I would go back there tomorrow and definitely plan on doing so in the near future. They have multiple package options based on your preferences. Excellent facility.

Room Tip: Men, bring a sports jacket. There is dress code in the dining room for evening meals. Breakfast is casual. Golfers, bring your sticks. Very nice course available to guests.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our 3rd consecutive summer and the experience is always relaxing for our family. The best part of Alisal is that it gives the kids a chance to have a "real" experience, not a hotel experience with overpriced food and a crowded pool. Alisal is about slowing down and being together as a family. Fishing is great, horseback riding, golf, tennis, wonderful spa, and comfortable and tidy rooms. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: ask for one of the suites with the renovated bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SJGTraveler
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I took my 3 kids (aged 13, 11 and 7) to Alisal Ranch in April for a 3 day-2 night stay.

Minuses:
At the time of booking, I was told it activities would be included so it would work out to be about $1650. When I checked in, I was told activities were not included and we were already there and ended up paying about $2,500. Also, lunch was not included. Aside from price (which we do not mind paying if it's good value), I personally think this place is overrated. The rooms are ranch-style and older and undergoing re-modelling. The pool was crowded and the layout was plain. There was only 1 ping pong table and ping pong balls were crushed. The staff worked hard but do not go out of the way to make us feel welcomed, with some exceptions like Dale who gave lessons on Archery and gun rifles. He is wonderful !!! A lot of people raved about the food but I think they are fine dining but not super memorable or special.

Pluses:
Kids get to roam on their own and love that sense of new found freedom. The morning horse back ride to the Adobe House is very memorable. Afternoons were too hot so morning rides are better but cost more. People who were there were mostly with their family. I was surprised to learn that many have been going to this Ranch for many years. We did meet a wonderful family and the kids enjoyed spending time fishing (easy to catch some), playing soccer and other activities.

Overall, was a fine trip for a few days but there are so many other great places I think we can go. This is not a place to go for luxury but the energy of the place and people can be more vibrant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family