This is definitely a family resort with more to do than you could possibly fit in the four days we spend here. Archery, fishing, air rifle range, shuffleboard, a great art room, ping-pong, horses, petting zoo (recently with three captivating baby bunnies), golf, tennis, spa (good but not great) acres to roam and for children to wander without fear, a good workout facility, and beautiful grounds. The rooms are not great, most have not been updated as the photos on the web site make it appear. They are very much throwbacks to another era. You do get a coffee-maker and great shower but the furniture may date to the 80s, at best in most. Beds are okay. And you have to be somewhat careful about which room you end up in or you may end up listening to your neighbors, so get a property map if you can.
I happen to really like the food. Homemade granola is superb, great berries, good fruit, nice buffet for kids to graze, best hot chocolate in the country. Great meat at dinner, reasonable wine list and very good vegetarian selection. Peanut butter pie and Oatmeal pie are outstanding dessert options. Breakfast and dinner are included in the price of the room.
My family (3 kids, parents) look forward to the this trip each year. The service is wonderful, people who work there really seem to enjoy it. Plus, if you tend to go back around the same time each year, you get to know other guests. It is a throwback in many respects to a better time, better place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort is located in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley and renowned Santa Barbara County wine country. Privately owned and operated since 1946, the Alisal is a working cattle ranch and full-service resort. This historic ranch is one of four original Spanish land grants on the west coast given to conquistador Raimundo Carrillo in the late 1700’s. Today, the romance and majesty of the old west remain in the wide-open spaces and unspoiled natural beauty of the Alisal. They serve as a reminder of simpler times and as an invitation to those with a taste for adventure. As California's premier guest ranch, the Alisal transports guests back to a bygone era. Set on a 10,000-acre working cattle ranch, this one-of-a-kind resort blends the best of nature with exceptional golf, horseback riding, tennis, fishing on a 100-acre private lake, fitness center and spa, children's activities, barnyard activities and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisal Guest Ranch And Resort
- Alisal Guest Ranch Hotel Solvang
- Alisal Hotel Solvang
- Alisal Resort Solvang
- Alisal Ranch Solvang
- The Alisal Guest Ranch