“friendly & great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of King Frederik Inn

King Frederik Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
San Diego, California
“friendly & great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

stayed only for one night but I would say that this is the perfect place to stay if you're going to see the beautiful places in solvang. the hotel is walking distance to shops, restaurants & park. the woman in the front desk was very friendly & has a ready smile to guests. the danish breakfast was great. will definitely stay in this hotel when we visit solvang again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location in the middle of town. Hotel includes a basic continental breakfast. The pastries are fresh and tasty. I did not like their coffee or orange juice.

Clean room and basic furnished. You can hear your neighbor cough. You can hear vehicle traffic too. So walls are thin. I suspect all of the older establishments have the same problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank windiveski
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We were on our way up from Ojai and decided to stay in Solvang for the night. We were so delighted in finding "King Frederik". The woman at the front desk was so nice and we got a great room by the pool. The room was very neat and clean, and comfortable bed. The only disappointment for me was the hot tub did not open until 9:00a.m. I love a hot tub in the morning with my coffee! Other than that it was a very pleasant stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Morro Bay, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had stayed here a few times in the past and liked it but they have done some simple but very important updates. New beds, a.c. nice bathroom updates, double paned windows. This is very nice place in the centre of town, close to everything. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The pool and whirlpool are very nice and clean. Pricing is decent also. I can recommend this property any time. They have a nice variety of room types. One of the best deals in town. Very comfy. The beds are very nice. Great place to enjoy a little time of shopping and food. Our room has a very nice balcony overlooking the pool. Don't miss the Danish pastries and coffee.

Room Tip: Second story east wing is quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were on our way back down the coast and knew we wanted to spend our final night in Solvang. There were not many rooms left, and The King Frederik Inn was very affordable. The kids swam for a few hours in the afternoon. We also walked around the cute little village, and I fell in love with this town. You truly feel like you are in Denmark. All of the shop owners are very friendly, and I spent too much money in several of them! We will definitely go back to Solvang again, and would stay at the King Fredrik Inn. If you are planning on too going on a weekend, I would make an advance reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool and not the Main Street, also, ask for a patio.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is good for the price that we paid. I think we got a good deal by purchasing their wine package deal for 2 people with the hotel. It was well worth it and the tour guides picked us up onsite and dropped us back off. Wonderful since no one I know wants to get a DUI.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here the middle of June on my way home. I am a senior and am very fussy about where I stay when traveling alone. The Inn was in the middle of town next to the visitor information booth and you could walk everywhere. I checked out the room before I said yes and two of the things I liked was that there were no windows facing the parking lot and the large sliding door to the pool area had sheers under the drapes so as long as I did not have a light on I could keept the drapes open and no one could see in. Even though this room was on the ground floor (a no-no when traveling alone) I felt safe. The room had a fridge, micro, comfortable bed, tolietries and was clean. I did not use the pool but the hot tub was just the right temperature for staying awhile. The check in lady was very nice and helpful and the checkout lady was polite. The breakfast of coffee, juice and pastries was ok but by the time I arrived the pastry selection was limited. I thought it was a good value for $99 but I stayed the middle of the week and they raise their prices on the weekend and holidays. They also had a coupon for a discount at Solvang Restaurant. I had corn chowder and ableskivers and the chowder was good but with so many other good bakeries in town had I had better pastries elsewhere. My favorite shop was the chocolate store. I will definately stay here again even if I am not alone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo