“You gotta be kidding me!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Kronborg Inn

Kronborg Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
lompoc
“You gotta be kidding me!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Ridiculous/Unacceptable - book elsewhere! They literally left me out in the cold!!!! Hotel is decent for price - comfie beds but this place must be owned or ran by idiots. We are talking 200 plus room hotel sitting in large tourist attraction town and you have nobody onsite all night from 11:30 to 7 a.m.???? Are they stupid? I went out with friends, some casino got back about 12:30/1:00 am - try to enter room my key doesn't work - go to office note on door nobody onsite until 7 am if an emergency call this number. Tried to call number - no answer 3 times. Talking last hotel on way out of town, by freeway, dark, freezing cold, everything else in town closed and they got some female sitting outside without working key! Reached owner on 4th attempt - he guides me through entering a lockbox outside office which thankfully had a master key - got a quick I'm sorry and click. Really? I just stood outside your hotel for almost an hour, freezing, stressed and wondering if I am sleeping where and I get that. Not to say I am begging for anything but a little bit more of an apology, I really am sorry, what can I do for you - I mean that would be good business or at least a phone call to room to make sure everything turned out alright and was I ok? Nothing!!! They did have 1 employee (and he was only one with some intelligence and personality because most of the others barely said hello) who was nice and went out of his way to make me feel better the next morning but if it were me stay elsewhere. Jeez even little mom & pop hotels, Motel 6 and low budget hotels have someone onsite to take care of guests if need be!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank donmarie62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Solvang, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Visited Solvang with a friend and selected the Kronborg Inn for our one night stay. We had a one bedroom family suite. It had all the amenities we needed for our brief stay: two beds, a King and pull out sofa. Also had a full kitchen, which would be nice for a longer stay. The room was very clean, appearing as though it had been recently upgraded. One of the draws is that the rate also included a continental breakfast. The pro are the roomy accommodations, the multiple beds, kitchen, and cleanliness. The cons are that we were on the first floor at the front of the building, which resulted in some slight roadway noise and foot/car traffic from people coming and going outside our door. I believe there are only 2-3 (?) family suites and there may not be much of a choice of location in the hotel if you want one of these suites. For families visiting Solvang on a limited budget, this was a good option. CONS - the pullout bed was awful. It was nothing but springs and was pretty much unusable. My friend used it and pronounced it "terrible." The hotel should invest in better quality sofa bed mattresses. The included-breakfast - not! Unfortunately, the front desk person overslept by his own admission. He was supposed to be there at 7am, but did not arrive until 8:30. The breakfast was supposed to start at 7:30. We, along with other guests, arrived at the lobby at that time to find it dark with the overnight closed sign still hanging there. The breakfast room, located off the lobby, was also dark. We had no idea what was going on, so we went into the village and paid for a lovely breakfast. It was not the end of the world, but an unexpected expense when we paid a rate that included breakfast. The clerk was very apologetic, and I understand we all make mistakes. But, the hotel should have a back up plan in the event of just such occurrences. Perhaps someone from management should call in the mornings to be sure staff is on duty, everything is on schedule and going smoothly to verify guests are being accommodated appropriately.

Room Tip: Consider a room farther back in the building if noise is an issue for you
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

The is a modern, well appointed hotel with large rooms and all modern amenities, including internet, spa tub, in-room coffee, pool, refrigerator and microwave located just at the entry to Solvang from 101. Without exaggeration, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The staff is friendly and over-accommodating. A small buffet style self-help breakfast allows you to make your own waffles and provides fresh fruit, yoghurt and healthful cereals. This is an excellent home base for the Foxen Canyon and San Luis Obispo County wine country. We will definitely be staying here again when the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: You might want to request a garden room to avoid street traffic noise.
1 Thank zippideedoodle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was a little hesitant booking here. Stays for less than $100 a night make me nervous. But this hotel was nice. Nothing spectacular, but I don't think we could have gotten a better deal. The room itself was comfortable and clean. The bed and the bedding made for a great night's sleep. The bathroom had a nice jetted bath tub that was relaxing. We stayed upstairs and found it to be quiet enough, yes the highway is nearby and you will occasionally hear some trucks. We didn't use the pool, but it seemed a little awkward in the middle of everyone's rooms. The breakfast was very average - but in Solvang you should really be taking advantage of all the bakeries anyways. It was located on the western edge of town, but easy walking distance for anyone.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs, the downstairs rooms had sliding glass doors that opened to main walkways, which I wo...
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Filthy floor, no soap, no cups in our kitchen, the hide a bed was made of metal springs with not an ounce of padding, this family suite was no sweet deal at $180! Avoid at all costs and go to one of the many other hotels in this charming town.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms close to the main road to reduce traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel was great, it was only for a night but I whish we had nothing planned for the next days, so we could enjoy better both city and the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in one of the entrances to the city and quite near to the centre. We (two couples) were traveling from Monterey and we have one night booked at Kronborg Inn, since we arrived really late the keys for both rooms were already separeted for us on a drop box. The hotel is nice as well as the area were it is located, that is a good place to stay next time!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the external/parking area are great and silent!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I chose this hotel after hearing that it was recently remodeled and had extremely comfy beds. I stayed in one of the king rooms on the first floor on the highway side. At first I was extremely skeptical and a little disappointed that they had placed me in one of these rooms twords the highway but after entering the room I noticed a thick sound proofing pad on the door and after closing the door it was dead quiet.

I checked in with Michael at around 2 I knew I was early but he said the room was ready so checked me in. He was very professional and gave me all the info about the hotel. At around 5 or so I went back to the front desk to gather some information about the town and a good place to eat. Sam knew every restaurant, shop, bakery and winery in the area. After talking with him about the area for a good 15 minuets I took his suggestion to go to The Hadsten House which was A great choice!

I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of the reviews here I felt like the hotel and the staff deserved it because its a great facility and is a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo