“Great Hotel, great location!”
Review of Kronborg Inn

Kronborg Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Brasilia, DF
“Great Hotel, great location!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel was great, it was only for a night but I whish we had nothing planned for the next days, so we could enjoy better both city and the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in one of the entrances to the city and quite near to the centre. We (two couples) were traveling from Monterey and we have one night booked at Kronborg Inn, since we arrived really late the keys for both rooms were already separeted for us on a drop box. The hotel is nice as well as the area were it is located, that is a good place to stay next time!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the external/parking area are great and silent!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I chose this hotel after hearing that it was recently remodeled and had extremely comfy beds. I stayed in one of the king rooms on the first floor on the highway side. At first I was extremely skeptical and a little disappointed that they had placed me in one of these rooms twords the highway but after entering the room I noticed a thick sound proofing pad on the door and after closing the door it was dead quiet.

I checked in with Michael at around 2 I knew I was early but he said the room was ready so checked me in. He was very professional and gave me all the info about the hotel. At around 5 or so I went back to the front desk to gather some information about the town and a good place to eat. Sam knew every restaurant, shop, bakery and winery in the area. After talking with him about the area for a good 15 minuets I took his suggestion to go to The Hadsten House which was A great choice!

I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of the reviews here I felt like the hotel and the staff deserved it because its a great facility and is a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Hank W
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

AWe have stayed at the Kronborg at least 5 times. Sometimes the jacuzzi and waffle maker have been broken or a noisy guest has kept us up, but it was always a good deal for the price. However our last visit we were placed in the first floor rooms (115-120) that were facing the Highway 256 and were incredibly noisy with the sound of traffic 15 feet away. When we called the front desk to complain and request another room, the clerk, Sam said that he knew those rooms and I was a liar, they weren't that close to the road. Shocked, I asked if he called me a liar and he said yes. The conversation didn't improve, and when my husband went in person to speak to him, mentioning that he can't really speak to customers like that, Sam said "I know, and I just don't care. " He would not put us in touch with a manager so we had no choice but to move next door to the very nice Hadsten House. We called on three different occasions trying to speak to a manager since that weekend and have never gotten in touch with them or gotten a return call as promised. Kronborg Inn is a motel, there are many alternatives of same quality and price, so I strongly recommend picking another one unless you like clerks going out of their way to treat you appallingly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexis r
Bakersfield
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The hotel is remodeled with really good beds, flat screen tv and a nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub. The real problem is the front desk. Checking in the clerk (sorry I didn't get his name) was very unfriendly, never said much to us. We asked about the casino shuttle and he couldn't answer but the guy coming on to his shift answered. When we wanted to change our room, the first guy was not happy! Sorry if he doesn't like his job, but if that's the case, he needs to find another one, because he's the first person you meet and he doesn't present it well at all. The morning continental was opened late and the pastries were not the usually good Solvang quality. . I don't think I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: All the doors open into the room from the driveway so safer to ask for an upstairs room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is a good value and very clean, and that is about it.

We found out why it was priced so great. You will hear everything in your room. From the lady with horse feet on the second floor above you as you tried to sleep. To the drunk lady screaming out the balcony at 5am, and no one motel staff will shut her up. In these rooms, you hear EVERYTHING!!!! Then you have things that will not work, like the alarm clock, a lighting fixture to an exposed outlet.

If you find yourself looking to save yourself some money, ask for a room on the second floor to prevent yourself from hearing the footsteps from above as you try to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor so you won't hear foot steps coming from the floor above as y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G M
Bellevue, OH
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We recently stayed at the Kronborg Inn. Our room was spacious with it's own small balcony. The bathroom was clean, the bedding was very nice. The breakfast the next morning was more than adequate however the room was small. There was a pool and a hot tub but we didn't use them although they looked inviting. The only drawback to our trip to Solvang was not in the hotel but in the town. They literally roll up the sidewalks at 5:00 and there was nothing to do. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Martytravels16
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Best hotel for the price and location in Solvang.I would bring friends to stay there.Everything is Solvang is within walking distance. Also most of the wineries are within 20 minutes. The continental breakfast could use some work..I will definitely stay here again.....

Room Tip: Got the room at priceline bidding on 2.5 stars..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple