“Beautiful Hotel - Nasty and Rude staff”
Review of Hotel Corque

Hotel Corque
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Westlake Village
“Beautiful Hotel - Nasty and Rude staff”
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I agree with the previous review "nasty staff". The hotel is georgeous, rooms are very pretty. But the staff must have been trained at a federal correctional facility. The attitude of the staff the entire stay was almost laughable. Rude upon check in - not a hello the clerk looked at me and said "yes?" with a leer. We got past that and got into the room and it was not clean. I called downstairs to the front desk - they never answered the phone. Went downstairs and told her of the situation and she grunted and turned and walked away. The whole experience was such a dissapointment and a turn off. I asked for change,, the clerk replied "I am too busy for that - go to the bank if you have to". There are alot of hotels in the area that appreciate their guests.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Hotel staff - terrible
  • Tips/Secrets — check out other hotels that appreciate thier guests
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank conejofamily24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed October 6, 2006

Lovely people, clean, welcoming lodge/inn... BUT THE BEDS ARE TERRIBLE!
When it really comes down to an upscale "motor lodge" like this, all you need is a good night's sleep in a clean place... Clean it was, but the sleep was impossible to achieve. The beds are hard, angled toward the middle, and really uncomfortable.
We loved the people... but would not return.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The Bed!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aLITTLESpoiled
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed August 25, 2006

My daughter and I spent one evening at the Royal Scandinavian Inn recently. We arrived early to walk around and enjoy Solvang, I love this little Danish town. We walked over to the Hotel early at around 2.45 and they were still cleaning rooms, but they were able to give us a room overlooking the parking lot. It was very clean. especially the bathroom which was spotless. I noticed that on the Air Conditioning, it says it has a sensor that detects that you are not in the room so it will turn itself off. maybe that is why some of the other reviewers I have read here had trouble with the Temperature. I did have to get up at 3.00am and turn it down as it was stuffy and warm. but other than that, the beds were very nice. The meadows restaurant next door that the hotel uses for your complimentary breakfast is very expensive for dinner and the service is just so so. the restaurant was almost empty on the Thursday evening we were there, and at $28 for a small Filet Mignon, I can understand why. Perhaps they should lower their prices weekdays and that might fill up the place with the tourists that look for other cheaper places in town. Other than that, I would recomend this Hotel to other travellers.

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — Lack of a good Cheap restaurant
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank imscots
Wine Country
Reviewed August 21, 2006

We've stayed here on two occasions for a total of four nights and have found it very pleasant. The rooms and public areas are in very good condition. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but Solvang is known for its food so a short walk [as close as across the parking lot] is perfectly fine. Quiet, tidy, and comfortable with convenient parking around the hotel all make for an enjoyable stay.

Benicia
Reviewed August 9, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel on August 9th, 2006. We stayed in room 350 which cost $ 149.00 a night with the AAA discount. This room has a view of the Pool and Mountains very nice room with double queen beds. The room was clean and very nicely kept up. The decor was fitting, the bed a little on the stiff side but even though I have a badback I had no aches in the morning. This Room has a balcony in which you can sit out and take in the views. As mention in another write up I found no bugs or chocolate covered lamp shades, the room was very clean . Another thing I like about the hotel is that it is very close walking distance to the main shopping area of Solvang and to many resturants including there very own the Meadows resturant . I would gladly stay here again and would rate the Hotel and reception staff a close to 4 star rating. One more thing to mention was that my in-laws stayed in room 343 and also like it very much this room has a single king bed with no balcony or pool view but cost us $99 per night.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — tree blocking a little of the view needed to be trimmed.
  • Tips/Secrets — be sure while in Solvang to eat Aebelskivers for breakfast they are great !
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank W.R.Hearst
oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2006

While visiting California, we found our way to the great little town of Solvang, and stayed at this hotel. We found it to be family friendly and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and would definately return.
R.L..
Oregon

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2006

the room was clean, the checkin and check out went smoothe, the restaurant bar on a saturday night had a bartender that was not very friendly at all and she actually told one of our guests that was with us to 'shut up, and I will get your friends a drink'. this was totally embarassing as he was visiting here from Ireland. I spoke with the bar manager and he said he would speak to her and bougt us a free drink.. We did not want this at all, just her to apologize, which she never did so we let.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
The Landsby
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
Holiday Inn Express Solvang

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!