“Cute hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Newport Beach, California
“Cute hotel!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Super cute hotel in the perfect location. They let us see two rooms & pick the best one suited for us. Rooms are clean, spacious, & fun. Love the unique decor. Great for my husband, myself, and our baby. Plenty of room for her pack n play. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was a good close and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were big, clean and certainly didn't smell. I had room 10 which had two quen size beds in and was quite. Was more a motel than a hotel and quite small but the location was perfect . Reception was really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Photos are accurate, clean, in the middle of downtown Solvang. It was the least expensive place, but wasn't a 'cheap' stay. Love the rooms! Simple. No dresser, but no dresser needed. I asked if they had an extra apple charger I could use, and he did, and told me to keep it! Very nice front desk, lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We will definitely stay at the Hamlet Inn again if we visit Solvang again. The room was very affordable, the bed was comfy (i know because I was sick and slept half the day there) the bathroom and shower were a nice size. The room was quiet. It did not smell (i've read other reviews about the smell of the rooms). It had a fridge for us to keep our snacks inn. It was walking distance to the whole town and had good restaurants around it. One reason I had booked was affordable room and a free voucher for a pastry from one of the shops. We never got the free voucher for breakfast in the AM, but we ended up going to Paula's Pancake which was yummy.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms if they give you the option. We were able to look at 2 different rooms and then...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Taizhou, China
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Although the rank is high, it is not as good as I think. The inn just means it is not so big, to some extent, motel style with better decoration. When I arrived, it took me sometime to find the check in counter. And the room still got some smell. I can hear voice from the neighbour.

There are several bikes outside the room and you can borrow freely. Solvang is such a beautiful place that you really ought to discover it by you foot or bike.

But in my opinion, Solvang doesn't require so much money on hotel. A cheaper hotel will just be fine. Especially for a single traveller, who just stay one night.

Room Tip: Book the room directly on the hotel website, not booking not agoda etc. Sometimes, it is cheaper. I...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LEI Z
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

If your primary goal is to do Solvang on the cheap (And this is the cheapest place you can find, then this place is for you. The location is excellent - you are right in the heart of town, walking distance to plenty, plus they have free bikes - but the accommodations are lacking. The bathroom towels were like what you get at the gym to wipe down equipment, the blankets on the bed seemed dingy and worn, and the carpet was questionable. Though the room was spacious, there was virtually no furniture (literally just a bed, two tiny 8" square bedside tables, and a chair along side a counter, and a TV mounted on the wall. Light came from 2 exposed bulbs hanging from wires.). I never would have thought this was a problem, but then we realized we had no place to set any of our stuff or put any of our clothes. And the carpet wasn't really that clean, so...it was just weird. Also, this place was SO noisy on account of thin walls and an odd layout. It was so bad that at one point, we thought there was an upstairs and someone was running around up there, but in fact, there was no upstairs, and I think it was just people in the neighboring room walking around!

All in all, I wish we had paid a bit more to stay elsewhere, but it is fine if you are really on a budget and don't plan to be in the room that often.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BuffaloCat
Seward, AK
Reviewed February 25, 2014

First I have to say that I loved Solvang! The Hamlet Inn is right in the middle of town, right across the street from the Solvang Brewing Company (which has great beer!). The staff at the Hamlet was very friendly and gave us helpful tips about wine tasting and microbreweries. They even microwaved our leftovers from the night before at the front desk when we asked them to (obviously, there is no microwave in the room).

The room was average. It was a bit dull - all white walls, one bed, a small bathroom, a TV, and a small refrigerator. That's it. But, honestly, unless you're staying a while, what else do you need? The bed was comfortable, the water was HOT in the shower, and the refrigerator kept the wine and beer nice and cool. Everything is starting to look a bit dated in these rooms (i.e. the grout could use a little cleaning in the bathroom), but overall I would say I enjoyed my stay at the Hamlet Inn.

Let me just say again that Solvang was awesome! Such a cute town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple