“Best Value”

Hamlet Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
“Best Value”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hamlet Inn last year and were not disappointed. And this year the Hamlet Inn has gotten even better. The rooms have all been remodeled and brought up to standarts that a frequent business traveller like myself can appreciate. While still a bit Spartan, it is clean, pragmatic and has cite little touches. The location is unbeatable, staff is friendly and one feels right at home.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank dsar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Coloraodo
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We stayed at the Hamlet Inn in Solvang for a total of three nights. At $59 for Wed and Thurs and $109 for Friday, we knew we were going cheap. This hotel is very centrally located. The room could have used a couch but there is a nice outdoor seating with a gazebo. Its right across from the Wandering Dog Wine Bar which was Very convenient for us. :) The bed was very, very comfortable and we slept great. However, the room was a bit spartan but for the price point did the job. With as much money as you can spend in this region, having a break on the room price was nice. And if you are spending a lot of time in your room in Wine Country you are doing something wrong. Walking distance to all of Solvang. I think the walls are paper thin though, and I just lucked out with quiet neighbors. Overall a positive experience though when staying for three days its unlikely I would pick this hotel again as I would want an indoor seating area in my hotel. But I would recommend it, its a great lil' motel! :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingHobos
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
We have free bicycles for our guests now also ! Come see us again soon !
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Could tell the room was recently remodeled and could still smell the paint . The room was very clean and quiet. The room was surprisingly large and the bathrooms had been upgraded and had a nice tile walk in shower. Was very convienant to all the shops and resturant the only complaint we had was the beds were very hard was not able to sleep due to this felt like I was sleeping on a board would definately take an egg grate if I was to visit this hotel again but the room was very resonably priced so cannot complain too much . If you go make a point to go to Paulas pancake house across the street and have the danish pancakes well worth it .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Please come see us again in the near future. We are still in the process of updating our property so look for better things to come soon enough !
California
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Let me start by saying I was looking for the cheapest hotel on the strip. No joke, I did not want to spend a lot of money. My room was $99 bucks. It was 2nd from the end by the ice machine and it was noisey! If you want a place to rest your weary and wine fed head then you have a bed. I say drink a few glasses of wine before hitting the sack to get the best rest. Some notes: parking can suck so if you can find street parking I would do it. We were blocked in twice with cars who tried to juusstt fit. Bring warm PJ's. OMG the place was freezing in the morning, I got dressed under the covers. There are gaps under the door and around all the windows so it is drafty. Sheets were clean and bathroom was fine. Comp breakfast pastries from across the street were very good. We also picked up some jalapeno/cheese bread that was AMAZING!

Now I do recommend the Brewery across the street for lunch/dinner, the casino for some gambling (its dry) and Sarloss and Sons in Los Olivios for wine/cupcake tasting.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank explore3115
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
We are in the process of completely renovating all rooms. Come check out our new facelift soon !
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I booked a room in February while I was traveling through Solvang on business. I stayed in Room #4, which has a King bed. The room was sparsely decorated, but it was clean enough and seemed to fit my needs. However, the temperature dipped into the low 40's that evening and I decided to turn on the heat. That's when I realized the room heater was the original one from the 1960s or earlier! It was a gas-fed wall thing with no thermostat, only a metal hand crank - like on a Model A car. When I wiggled the hand crank around, I got a little heat to come out. Looking around for a CO2 detector, and finding none, I decided that I didn't dare leave that heater on after retiring to bed. So I just endured a cold room for the night. The motel gives you a breakfast coupon for the bakery across the street. This bakery has a wonderful assortment of delicious-looking pastries and such. However, when attempting to use my coupon, I was told I could only choose a danish, nothing else. I offered to pay any difference in price for a pasty I really wanted, but was refused. I think I'll try a different motel the next time I'm in Solvang.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DJBrighton
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Good news to all past and future guests. We are installing all new ac/heater units in all rooms and changing every aspect of the business-website,exterior color,gutting rooms (new carpet,new furniture,new paint,and all new bathrooms). We hope to have you back soon for the new Hamlet Inn !
NYC
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Hamlet Motel is not swanky. At All. BUT it was clean, the owners (family owned) are very sweet, the location couldn't be beat as it is close to wine country, and the town is an attraction in itself. PLUS, the value was great which made for a very affordable stay for us as we visited wine country with friends. It had a small fridge in each room which was nice. The bed was not too comfortable, but that's okay.. seeing that other places in this area will charge you an arm and a leg to stay and this was just as good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 2, 2011

It has been a long time since I last stayed at a Motel. The last ones I stayed in were shabby motels on the side of some road in Argentina (where I'm from), just a place to sleep on a way to somwhere else. So I didn't have much expectations for this Motel in Solvang.
This was such a differente experience!
The room was clean and big for a motel, it had 32" LCD TV, mini fridge, sitting desk for your laptop, free WiFi and even a little corner to place all your bags so they wouldn't stay on the way. The bathroom was also comfortable and wheelchair capable, but it was just a shower, no bathtub.
The outside of the motel was really nice, it even had a small pergola on the lawn!
The breakfast is a pastry and a hot beverage from the bakery across the street, which was more than enough for us.
If I had to stay in Solvang again and the rate of the room is still the best one available, I would definitely stay here again. Of course, remember it's a MOTEL, so you don't have any room service available or special amenities.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple