“Great trout at a decent price”

Red Viking Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 78 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Featuring a Danish and American cuisine menu offering service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Danish favorite and is a tradition in Denmark are the open-faced sandwiches, Frikadeller, Medisterpølse, Rullepølse and America's favorite sandwiches with a variety of sides, including burgers, club, reuben, and many more. We offer a full bar that includes local beers and wines plus a variety of your favorite cocktails. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed July 13, 2016

This restaurant is not set up for fine dining, as we sat in the narrow, back room (the front was packed) but the prices are great. I had a wonderful trout, but my meat eating husband liked the buffet with sausage, etc. Service was not too fast, but like I said, it was crowded in the early summer evening.

Date of visit: June 2016
Bobby L, Public Relations Manager at Red Viking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and your patronage.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

We honestly were not that impressed with the atmosphere or with the food. My husband had the Philly cheese sandwich that he said was just okay. I had the Danish meatballs that were good with the gravy. Service was okay.

Date of visit: July 2016
Bobby L, Public Relations Manager at Red Viking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and patronage we have made some changes and do appreciate your review I will pass on to the staff.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

I don't know enough about Danish food to speak to its authenticity, but the food was good and the portions were good. We ordered off of the menu after reviewing the buffet, there were no sausages or meatballs on the buffet.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thank you for your feedback and patronage we are making changes but don't know why the sausage and meatballs weren't on the buffet I will pass on to the staff.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

My wife and I were on the third leg of a total tour of California's coast line from San Diego to Oregon and we stopped for lunch in Solvang. We did a bit of shopping buying a few gifts for our grandchildren and then had lunch at the Red Viking Restaurant. My wife had a Merlot ($6) and I had a Danish Red Beer ($6). Both were fine. My wife had a liver-pate sandwich ($9) with a side of potato salad on pumpernickel bread. It was fine. I had a roast beef sandwich ($9) on pumpernickel bread with horseradish and remoulade. The horseradish was tasty but not very spicy. They did provide me with extra horseradish since I indicated I liked horseradish. The restaurant had a smorgasbord which we decided to skp. They do have a website. Service was good and the prices were very reasonable.

I didn't rate this restaurant very high (only 3 stars) since it really wasn't very special. It was a good place for lunch and we enjoyed it. Parking is on one of the streets within a short walk or even out front if your lucky.

Date of visit: June 2016
Bobby L, Public Relations Manager at Red Viking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and patronage.

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

We tried all you can eat buffet for $17 a person. The restaurant had a great selection of food. Sausages and coleslaw were excellent. Everything was fresh and well cooked.

Date of visit: June 2016
Bobby L, Public Relations Manager at Red Viking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for the 5 Star Review and your patronage. We are glad you enjoyed our buffet and I will make sure to pass your comments on to the staff.