“Great red cabbage”

Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were hungry and tired and stopped here to eat lunch. I had the combo Danish sausage and meatball dish. It came with a sweet and sour red cabbage and mashed potatoes. It was a good meal. Another had their cheeseburger and it was very good.
It's a small restaurant and filled with mostly tourists. There is a very good bakery next door with wonderful danish.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We love this place. Stopped for breakfast twice during our recent stay. You can't miss at breakfast, everything is good. We had everything on the menu, just kidding, on our first outing. Had the house specialty, danish pastry balls, (not what they are really called, hash and eggs, danish sausage and eggs and then topped it off with an order of danish pancakes. Everything was wonderful. The waitress was a joy to talk to. She actually took the time to sit and talk instead of just throwing our food at us. We will return each time we visit Solvang.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I saw Danish dishes all over Solvang, there's no need to go here. The staff was very nice but the good was very weak. The smorgasbord wasn't very fresh and the number of Danish unique dishes were limited to 1-2, turkey and h cold cuts don't count in my book...

SKIP IT!

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a pass. The food was horrible. My husband and I have been to europe and I can tell you for sure, it didn't taste like it came from a precooked and thaw company, or open the jar and poor, or a just add water type of cooking. The one item that we ordered that was actually worth eating was the soup. There are some great eateries in a nearby town; ten-minute drive; worth doing. Check out my other reviews for those who are foodies like me.

1  Thank luvtravelVirginia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband's aunt really loved this restaurant and every time she visited from San Antonio, Texas we had to go to Solvang and eat at the Red Viking. That was about 20 years ago. I still love the restaurant and every time we are in Solvang we dine there. In fact we recently had dinner at the Red Viking on June 16th and 19th. My favorite is the Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and red cabbage. The bread is excellent as well. They serve an assortment of Scandinavian breads. My husband likes the sausage and meat items on the menu. I prefer the less hardy menu choices. It can be a bit crowded at times but I am always happy to dine there.

Been to Red Viking Restaurant? Share your experiences!