“Good Danish Lunch”

Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I wanted to try a Danish meal on our visit to Solvang. Our waitress was patient and suggested the various choices on the menu. We had, respectively, the Danish meatballs (mashed potatoes with gravy and red cabbage) and a combination of Danish sausage and meatballs (also served with mashed potatoes, gravy, and red cabbage). We never had Danish food, but we enjoyed our meal. I thought the red cabbage and meatballs were very good. The lunch was served with three types of Danish (dinner-type) breads. The service was fast and the atmosphere pleasant.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice service, but the food was average on taste and how it was cooked. My schnitzel was overcooked and it was like chewing rubber. My husbands pork chop was not as tough, but not the best. They need to pay attention to their cooking. Not the best.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Took the trolley ride earlier and learned this restaurant had a smorgasbord. Have to say I had to talk my husband into eating here as he was thinking of much safer "American" type food! LOL Our waitress was very helpful, pointing out exactly what everything on the smorgasbord was. It was fun to try some different entres, salads, appetizers and then go back to dish up more of your favorites. I'm not a fan of pickled herring but have to say both types were delicious.... plain and curried. Yum! This was a great experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came for lunch on a Sunday. It was a hot day and the town was full of tourists. We picked this restaurant because we wanted to experience the smorgasboard. It wasn't bad for buffet food. A couple of us ordered off the menu and that was good as well. Prices are okay.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

To put it simply: disappointed. After looking at the buffet I should have gone with something off the menu. Salad bar was okay but that was it. The meatballs potatoes and the small chicken wings were all lukewarm. I don't think will be returning to eat there. The meatballs tasted like meatloaf for too much bread in it.

Been to Red Viking Restaurant? Share your experiences!