“Hearty and Good”

Ranked #57 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a recent trip to Solvang, we arrived early and had breakfast at the Mustard Seed. I had a spinach and mushroom omlette with cream cheese, and my friend had the Mustard Seed Scramble with ground beef. Both were good. Special, no, but satisfying and well done and reasonably priced. The potatoes that came with them were just okay. The service was excellent and they have a nice patio where you can eat and watch the people coming and going along Mission.

There are newer reviews for Mustard Seed Restaurant

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Although some of the other reviews are a little weak, Tom and I really enjoyed our lunch at the Mustard Seed Restaurant. It was a hot day and we sat outside. Tom had the philly cheesesteak, which he said topped mine until he saw the look on my face and rephrased his statement and said it was "almost" as good as mine. He should know - he's a philly cheesesteak expert! I had the chicken caesar salad, which was very good. The dressing was a little bland, but not enought to discourage me from eating the whole thing! Our waiter was the best - friendly and attentive. If we lived here, the I'm sure the Mustard Seed would be a regular for us.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Tried Danish meatballs but I just didn't like them, that's all. Waiter very nice and friendly. My husband and I were there on a Thursday night and there wasn't much selection for evening eating.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had the Danish meatloaf, it was very good. Fresh mushrooms in the gravy were an added treat. Red cabbage was better than most. Owner very friendly and accommodating. Very nice parking for handicapped persons.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This a must for lunch or dinner. It was so nice to have such a large selection of authentic Danish dishes. The food was wonderful and so was the staff. Our waited was really fun and could tell us all we wanted to know about the various options. Parking is available right outside of the restaurant with handicap access. Food was delivered at the right temperature and it was plentiful and delicious.