“Aebleskivers”

Solvang Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
LA
“Aebleskivers”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

You can pass by the Solvang Restaurant and not get the Aebleskivers! The breakfast is great here as well so try the thin Danish pancakes but don't be fooled they maybe thin but they are far from being small!

• Visited July 2012

• Thai first
Herndon
“Oh my .... food is so good”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was surprised by how great the food was. I ordered a plate with 3 different types of sausages, and of course, we had dessert, too. Definitely try toe Aebleskiver, which are like fried donuts with powder suger and jam. An order comes with 3 of them.

• Visited February 2012
Santa Clarita, California
“delicious!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We went to the Solvang Restaurant (featured in the movie "Sideways") for lunch because it offers what I believe to be Danish (can't prove it though, because I've never been to Denmark) food. We arrived on a Sunday at 11:45, thinking we'd beat the lunch crowd, but ran into the late breakfast crowd. We won't wait for a table, so we walked around and shopped for 45 minutes, came back, and were seated right away. I ordered my favorite...Danish meatball sandwich with Danish cheese in a croissant (toasted) and my husband ordered the sampler plate...Danish meatballs, Danish sausage, roast beef and ham, served with tasty garnishes. All were very delicious and came with a choice of potato salad (really good), cole slaw or fries. The service was quick, friendly and efficient. I just wish we'd saved room for the aebleskivers, those wonderful ball-shaped pancakes with raspberry jam. You can order them in the dining room or from a take-out window outside (very popular). We'll be back the next time we're in Solvang. They're open only for breakfast and lunch. In fact, most restaurants in Solvang are closed for dinner.

• Visited July 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Highlight of our visit to Solvang”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had a great lunch as this restaurant. I had a Reuben and my husband had a pastrami sandwich, both were excellent. Their potato salad beats any you can get in Orlando with the exception of Toojay's. Service was prompt and friendly. Everything was surprisingly reasonably priced for a tourist town. Sorry we didn't have time to order the fried raspberry pastries everyone talks about in their reviews.

• Visited June 2012
Las Vegas, NV
“Horrible food”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We ate here because we were starving and we really didn't have time to find another restaurant. I ordered the turkey cranberry croissant. The croissant and the turkey were from Costco. The cranberry sauce was from a can and still shaped like the can sliced on the sandwich. The restaurant was dirty and the women's bathroom was atrocious. The pea soup was from a can. When we left I told the manager that the women's restroom was filthy. He said nothing.- no apology - nothing at all. Eat anywhere else.

1 Thank LasVegastraveler001