“Had a blast”

Ventura, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a blast”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Visited this winery because of a TravelZoo coupon and loved it. Great tour and the cheese/wine pairing was fun as well. We enjoyed their wines.

miami, fl
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful day and experience, great wines too”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We used a travelzoo voucher for me and the wife to visit this great vineyard and winery recently.

It was a 2 hour drive each way from Los Angeles, but the views and scenery on the way there were fantastic.

The tour itself was very simple and enjoyable, Shay our tour leader is very passionate about wine and you can see that he truly loves his job and enjoys doing what he's doing.

The wines themselves are excellent indeed, great fragrance and they did open up my pallet quite well with the complemented cheeses. We did buy a bottle along with the free bottle that was given to us, and would definitely visit again, this is a gem worth visiting.

Visited August 2012
fresno, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Seriously?”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Pretty grounds and roses cannot mask the fact that this wine is awful. And really, really expensive. I do not mind paying for a tasting, but $12 for the tiniest pour was a rip off. And although I am no sommelier, I have a bit of experience with good wine. I would not pay ten bucks for this stuff, let alone 30. A nice spot for a picnic, but bring your own wine. Sorry, but it is true.

PS, the guy pouring for me had no idea what he was talking about.

2 Thank hannigan
Grand Forks, North Dakota
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Average wines, average tour”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We visited Rideau thanks to a TravelZoo deal. overall, I must say this winery is average. The tour was okay - literally just a tour of the vineyards that one could easily access on their own from the parking lot and then a wine tasting. We never saw the processing area, nor did the tour guide even explain how they process the grapes in to wine (though thankfully we've done plenty wine tours, so we know how this works). We found the taste of the wines to be pretty average and comparable to the other vineyards we visited while in town over the weekend. I would say the tasting was worth it, but the tour is not worth the price.

New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Enjoyed my experience”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I brought lunch to this winery, picked up a couple of glasses of wine and ate on the porch surrounding the main building/tasting room. The grounds are beautiful and we found everyone that worked there to be cordial and patient. After lunch we had a tasting and I enjoyed the wines so much that I sent a mixed case home and joined the wine club. (Whenever I visit wine country I always get sucked into a club) I did feel that the wine was expensive but the range was about the same as all the other wineries we visited and I thought the wine was well crafted.

Visited July 2012