“Smorgaesbord - Danish style buffet”

Bit O'Denmark Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
California
“Smorgaesbord - Danish style buffet”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Altho they offer a menu service, this is the second time in 10 years I choose to eat their lunch buffet. There was plenty to choose from, with salads, scandinavian style cold fish, good chopped liver, and hot dishes. Soup, and jello or custard on the buffet for dessert. I enjoyed the danish style meatballs, sausage, mashed potatos and gravy. Also the sweet and sour cucumber salad and the red cabbage. There was also roast chicken and a macaroni dish. The buffet was well maintained. I ate lunch a bit late that day. Sturdy interior decor, sort of danish influence. Not fancy but reliable food.

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good ambiance and food”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This restaurant has charm and history (one of the first buildings in Solvang). Copper topped tables and Danish decorations make this a special place to dine. The smorgasboard has many selections and all of the food tastes good.

Long Beach, California
“Owner squishes food with her hands in front of us”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Dessert Crepe was dry and not worth eating - filling was melted ice cream and canned apple slices. My friend would not eat beyond one bite - I ate 3-4 bites, of the fiiling. My friend complained. The manager/owner confronted us, saying she "knows the game" and told us to "never come back" as she squished the plate of melted crepe/ice cream in her hands as the ice cream dripped on the cushion beside me. The bill for one cup of black coffee, with no refill, and one double espresso was $7.95. I left $13 so that we could not be accused of playing "the game." What we tried to do is let the establishment know that the quality of the food they tried to have us eat was unacceptable.

3 Thank ClipCurves
Los Angeles
“Liked the buffet”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We tried the buffet. Everything tasted very good but we gave 5 stars to liver pate and pickled herring.

pepeme
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was the most nasty food and dry that I have ever had, made me sick!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Went on vacation, tried the smorg. it was terrible, dry and tasted terrible. My friend had a steak and got sick off it. He was in bed for 2 days. My wife had the lamb and it was way over done. The gravy tasted old and thick. My wifes friend had the monte cristo and she said it tasted spoiled. Not only that the service was terrible, all i saw was everyone chatting and then saw the manager come in and start yelling at people on her staff, then would not even assist the customers was on her phone the whole time very loudly. would never come back or recommend to anyone. Terrible.

1 Thank pepeme

Been to Bit O'Denmark Restaurant? Share your experiences!