“Decent food, slow service”

Bit O'Denmark Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went here twice while in Solvang. The first time it was for dinner. Even thought it was not crowded (only a few couples there), the service was very slow. We could hear the staff talking in another room but not waiting on the clients!

The second time it was just for desert. Different waitstaff but same result.

Food was good so it you're patient then this might be a good place for you, This is very near Hotel Corque.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The atmosphere was pleasant and quiet which is just what we were looking for after a long day of wine tasting and shopping. We stuck with American menu choices so I can't speak to the Scandinavian dishes but the food we ordered was great and I would definitely go back!

2  Thank Errant-traveler
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The worst food we had in two weeks of vacation. If you must eat here, stay away from the meats altogether and stick with the seafood. Cured herring 3 ways was actually quite unique and delicious as was the draft, Danish style beer. The service was good but I'm glad I turned down the offer of the all you can eat buffet. I had the Danish meatballs and Danish sausage combination. It came with tasty pickled cabbage and some bland potatoes but at the center of the dish were these spongy tasteless meatballs and the flavorless sausage floating in a brown not rich gravy. My wife had a prune stuffed pork chop that was cooked to death. Dry and flavorless it was not even easy to cut. I recommend you skip this place and drive 3 miles to the Ballard Inn (ANOTHER REVIEW) for some real cooking.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Looking for a break from the ordinary food? This quant restaurant nestled in the heart of Solvang / Santa Barbara offers Swedish style food. We recommend the Pickled Herring appetizer (3 different flavor) & also the cheese appetizer. Also, we like the Swedish meatball called Frikadellier & the sausage called Medisterpolse. The food is great but the portion is very small. You might want to load up on the appetizer like we did.

The wait for the food once seated is extremely long, it took 20 min for our appetizer to arrive. We came during the 4th of July .

2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After having stuffed myself at one of the well-reviewed newer places in town the night before I went to eat here because in passing by I saw schnitzel on the menu. The place was calm, even with families, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, the meal was priced write. The schnitzel was good, with red cabbage and twice cooked potatoes and a beer - yum.