“Friendly place, delicious pancakes.”

Paula's Pancake House
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My wife and I stopped in here on our way to a few of the local vineyards. There was a family next to us eating an assortment of their egg dishes -the smelled and looked great - but we were there for the pancakes. And not the buttermilk ones, those I can make myself, but the Danish ones. My wife got the Paula's special and I just went with the Danish pancakes with blueberries. Her strawberries were fresh, a surprise to see having just arrived from NY. My blueberries were a bit tart, but when eaten with a slice of the pancake, which was beautifully sweet, the berries were perfect. As for the pancakes, others have described them, so I won't bother with that, but I will advise you to skip the syrup. The pancakes are already sweet, the so the syrup (which didn't look or taste like the maple syrup back home) was unnecessary.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I ate breakfast here on a previous trip to CA and loved it. We have another trip soon, and we're planning to drive up to Solvang (150 miles) for breakfast at Paula's one day! Oh well, I guess we really do like the place (the only issue with 'service' and 'atmosphere' is that it was very crowded, because it's so popular).

Reviewed October 24, 2010

When we visited Solvang, we bumped into this little though cozy pancake house. Very warm service, yummy food (try the Egg's Benedict!).
I hardly remember good restaurant (as my expectations are high in general), but I surely can remember this one.

1  Thank Squirrr
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Best breakfast in town. Be sure to enjoy the wonderful pancakes.

1  Thank chriskuo
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My wife and I took a 2 week Fly-Drive vacation in California and out of all the places we stopped to eat this is the place she always raves about for their excellent breakfast (And Believe me My Wife would complain If she was hung with a New Rope). It was nice and clean and the waitresses were On The Ball, and everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and just the way we ordered it..

2  Thank DroopyDrawers1