“Friendly service and good food.”

Paula's Pancake House
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Two of us both had the Danish Pancake Combo (w/ eggs and bacon or sausage). We had never had Danish pancakes before and were surprised how light and flavorful they were. Our server was very friendly and prompt. She shared a fun story about her Australian Shepherd mix named Oliver. We'd definitely go back. Get there early on the weekend if you want to avoid a long wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have been coming to Solvang for a while, unfortunately this time around was very disappointed that in bringing visiting relatives from the east coast, our day was cut short due to food poisoning after eating at Paula's.

We believe it was the uncooked eggs that may have contributed to it. My friend ordered the danish pancakes, eggs over medium, coffee.

After leaving the restaurant, she became very ill about 45 minutes later. Not only did we have to cut our day short to head back to Long Beach, but she was very sick throughout the night and today. She was not able to go to work.

I do not believe I will come back to Paula's.

Reviewed April 8, 2009

My daughter and I had a girls get away for a few days and we ate at Paula's Pancake House on our last morning in Solvang and wished that we had discovered this place sooner.

The food, service and menu selections were amazing.

My daughter ordered the Danish pancakes and I ordered the boring 2 egg breakfast (served with hash browns and choice of toast or biscuit - I chose the biscuit.)

The food was served hot and cooked to perfection. My daughter couldn't finish her pancakes so I decided to try a danish pancake. OH MY GOSH!!! Even though I was already quite full I couldn't stop eating those pancakes!!! I don't know what is in them but they were delicious.

The prices were decent - for the 2 of us the bill totaled $24.

I can't imagine going to Solvang and not stopping at Paula's Pancake House.

1  Thank emmysmommy
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Seeing so many high ratings on this restaurant we tried it twice. The Danish pancakes set this place apart from other breakfast/lunch places. You cannot get these at Denny's. Other than that, it is typical board of fare and pricing. We had omelets one day and pancakes the next time. One thing to watch out for - the pancake special. I asked if I could have blue berry pancakes instead of the regular and that I would pay the extra charge. To my surprise, the pancakes came without blue berries and a couple of minutes later a small bowl of blue berries showed up (very recently thawed). My job was to spoon the blue berries on top of my pancakes. O.K. - the blue berries were not in the pancakes. Then I got the bill for my meal and I was charged $2.50 extra for the blue berries!!! Ouch!!!!

Other than the blue berry incident, the place is just like any other decent breakfast place. It is really nothing special.

Reviewed February 14, 2009

I had breakfast at Paula's two years ago and tried the danish pancakes (Paula's special with strawberries/whipped cream). Came up for a conference then and now back up for the same reason, had to take my husband...He LOVED it!! He had the ham and cheese omelette, I had my repeat order!! The best ever!! Valentines Day 09 and we were seated within 40 or so minutes for the patio!! Try this place! It is great!!!!!