“Best breakfast in Solvang, bar none”

Paula's Pancake House
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a favorite for breakfast in Solvang. It is usually crowded so expect a wait for half an hour or more. But it is worth it. The food is excellent and the service is pleasant and efficient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Yum, Yum, Yum. You can order breakfast all day. The Danish pancakes were amazing! I'm not a pancake person but I had to try these and they were great. I also HATE maple syrup but what they served here was excellent.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Danish pancakes were worth the wait (about 15-20 min) but the coffee was about the worst I've ever had (a step below coffee flavored water).

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Best pancakes ever plus lots of other good dishes. For lunch, I would recommend the Chicken Breast Salad. Easily enough for two so my wife and I shared. Casey was a good waitress.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went here when we came a few years ago, and we talked about their pancakes ever since then. When we recently went to Solvang, we knew we had to come here. I got the Danish pancakes with apples and whipped cream, and the people with me got the Danish pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. It was amazingly good, and they said that they were the best strawberries they had had in a long time. We also got eggs and danish sausage with our meal, and I don't recommend them. Just go for the Danish pancakes, and you will be glad you did!

Been to Paula's Pancake House? Share your experiences!