“Nice place to visit.”

Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving classic American breakfast and lunch in addition to our worldly famous Danish pancakes.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

One of Solvang's most popular places to eat, and not just for breakfast. We enjoyed our breakfast there, to staff seems to be attentive, you could need to wait if you arrive during the busiest times, however, it does have outdoor dining and counter service. The food is good, they squeeze there own orange juice. It is a little pricey but average for Solvang.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a great bustling atmosphere at breakfast but food was pretty average. My buttermilk pancakes were slightly burnt and not very tasty. If you have children they would love it though!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Visiting Solvang Ca. ended up eating breakfast at Paulas Pancake House. The place was clean and our server was very nice. The food was very good and coffee was nice and hot.
The only thing I didn't like that I noticed was one of the waitress's was moving peoples food around with her hands before serving there food, back near the kitchen area. I have a problem when other people hand touch food, especially when I know they haven't washed there hands.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

You must stop and eat at Paula's if you stop in Solvang. I have eaten there many times and always do when I am in the area. I normally have breakfast there and it is very good and a large portion. Prices are very reasonable. Service is always very good. Be prepared to wait a while during peak times for breakfast and lunch as it is very popular. Ask to sit outside so you can people watch.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Danish pancakes were amazing as was our waitress. The food came our quick, but I'm not sure it's worth a 45 minute wait when there are so many other great options. If you can get in under 20 minutes, go for it. Also, make sure to stay close to the door when waiting. If you miss your name, you are scratched off the list pretty quickly and the host did not project or make much of an effort to locate guests on the list that were standing by the shops next to Paula's.

Been to Paula's Pancake House? Share your experiences!